Richard Kimble

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

768 posts in this topic

Wow, you've posted some great pics! I especially like the Scotch 3M ad. Love the plaid glove! I'm going to look for a pair come next winter..............

Here is a very large and interesting photo showing 8 old steamboats in the movie STEAMBOAT ROUND THE BEND, an excellent 1935 Will Rogers film. This photo looks like it was taken with an 8x10 still camera which used large sheet film.

I wonder if this is the largest number of old steamboats assembled for a race in any Hollywood movie?

I think the location is the Sacramento River in north central California.

http://steamboats.com/jpgs-new/roundthebendhorses.jpg

Wow ! What an interesting eye-popping photo!

I would have loved seeing that race! :) B-) Probably more interesting then the America's Cup race.

It amazes me how you recognized the Sacramento River!

Twink

Doesn't look like it to me. He never had a waist that small; he was a beefy guy. And the nostrils are too flared for Ron.

Nope, I'm pretty sure that that's not Ronald Reagan in that underwear ad down there.

AND, I'm ALSO pretty sure that that's not George Armstrong Custer in that Arrow Shirt ad down there EITHER!!!

(...sorry...just couldn't resist doin' that old "Custer/Arrow Shirt" joke here, THAT'S all!) ;)

LOL

In '56 Reagan would have been 45 yrs old, too old to be posing in underwear.

He wasn't exactly a 'Calvin Klein' model ! :|

Twink

*Vocalizing Villains*

"Moanin' low..."

zOCs6z5.jpg

"Hope your talent as a barber is better than your singing, Angel." Seymour seems to practicing on a dummy head, 'cause Johnny Rocco don't take no chances, see.

hVDhZU0.jpg

Boris and Bela Nelson courtesy of Clore:

o1N2AoY.jpg

james-stewart-james-cagney-orson-welles.

Two screen legends, James Stewart and Orson Welles on a Universal back lot in 1957, with some fat little clown between them (anyone known the name of the clown?)

You're joking, right Tom? That's James Cagney as Lon Chaney from MAN OF A THOUSAND FACES.

Can't fool you, can I, clore.

P.S. Take a look at the "Cagney as Robin Hood" thread in the Films and Filmmakers forum.

Nice picture of Orson dressed in character for the 1957 film he made for Universal International Pictures, Man in the Shadow.

As well as James Stewart in costume for Night Passage.

> {quote:title=heuriger wrote:}{quote}Nice picture of Orson dressed in character for the 1957 film he made for Universal International Pictures, Man in the Shadow.

This is the film Welles made when he was served with a huge tax lien by the IRS and had his agent make it known that he would appear in any film for an immediate $50K.

Veronica Lake with her hair twisted in a drill press, demonstrating potential dangers to women in factories during WWII (1943).

czSAFM9.jpg

• Like 1

And thus ALSO explaining why you never would again see her during WWII at the Douglas Aircraft Plant in Downey CA, but INSTEAD until the duration of the war would spend her off-hours away from the Paramount Studios playing her harmonica down on the pier at Santa Monica!

To get this one, it helps if you're a fan of the old Dr.Demento radio show....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvAhaq7nDlE

;)

I think I know that one without even clicking on to your link:

Got the original 1948 Kay Kyser Columbia 78 RPM record! (But hey I didn't know the song was about Miss Lake!)

Nah, I'm sure it wasn't, mn. I just couldn't resist playing off Dr. Kimble's picture of Veronica there, that's all. ;)