Richard Kimble

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

896 posts in this topic

The story also went that Grant was whacked out on legally prescribed LSD during that visit.

Well, THAT'S certainly no way to treat your precious bodily fluids, now is it Lawrence?!

(...sorry) ;)

1972-bunuel-hitchcock.png

I'm currently reading George Cukor: A Double Life, and it features this terrific photo from a gathering of directors: From left to right, top row: Robert Mulligan, William Wyler, George Cukor, Robert Wise, unidentified man, Louis Malle; left to right, bottom row: Billy Wilder, George Stevens, Luis Bunuel, Alfred Hitchcock, Rouben Mamoulian.

I love Bunuel's look towards Stevens.

• Like 2

1972-bunuel-hitchcock.png

I'm currently reading George Cukor: A Double Life, and it features this terrific photo from a gathering of directors: From left to right, top row: Robert Mulligan, William Wyler, George Cukor, Robert Wise, unidentified man, Louis Malle; left to right, bottom row: Billy Wilder, George Stevens, Luis Bunuel, Alfred Hitchcock, Rouben Mamoulian.

I love Bunuel's look towards Stevens.

I love this photo - - because you really do get to see just how International Hollywood was, and had to be, when it was at the top of its game.

BTW-- I can't remember very many Hollywood photos with Rouben Mamoulian, which makes this photo all the more memorable.

Sophia Loren and Jane Mansfield  - 1957. :lol:

9cba10175912cf6fd63b99962c52c0fc.jpg

And this is what Sophia is ogling  :rolleyes:  

YsEmLnq.jpg

Too cheap to buy a camera crane? :huh:

I believe that it may be on a crane. One knuckle of it may be seen above the ladder on the left. It may be that they did not trust it for that height or that they wished it to remain steady while the man pranced on it or that Kubrick did not allow changes of equipment and so they had to use a light-duty crane in situation which required a heavy-duty one.

I have read that Kubrick was hired to create fake footage of the moon landing and that the project had many delays and great cost overruns because he was such a perfectionist that he demanded that it be shot on location. 

• Like 1

From the movie "Freaks" (1932) now playing on TCM.  She sure is cute, like to bounce her on my knee. :P

tumblr_l7x54dAzjD1qbbjxvo1_500.gif

Olga Baclanova with Tod Browning behind the scenes.

For a finale, she will lay an egg!

0f17951ee73691e39776d6b8c53b8dd0.jpg

Martin Landau and Barbara Bain with producers Gerry and Sylvia Anderson. Behind the scenes photo of the "Space 1999 - Episode Ring Around The Moon".

img034.jpg

Here are Judy Garland, Munchkin Olga Nardone, and Judy's stand-in, Bobbie Koshay on the set of "The Wizard Of Oz".

aa7f33e43e4f85573dfd756393953590.jpg

Here is Bobbie Koshay in a rehearsal in Munchkinland.

42fa5c02e6d2a73160a049bb633e0649--judy-g

Nobody is looking at Judy here.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

June Foray with Daws Butler (left) and Stan Freberg

ejK2Q68.jpg

June Foray with Mel Blanc (left) and Chuck Jones at Warner Bros

XxOT1TJ.jpg

In addition to her voice acting, Foray was one of the mermaid models in Disney’s Peter Pan. In this photo, Foray is on the right.

pABNAG6.jpg

• Like 1

Jamie Farr's wedding, during the making of The Greatest Story Ever Told (complete with character beards). L-R: Gary Raymond, David McCallum, groom Jamie, bride Joy, John Considine, David Hedison

uGMx8rw.jpg

• Like 1

Jamie Farr's wedding, during the making of The Greatest Story Ever Told (complete with character beards). L-R: Gary Raymond, David McCallum, groom Jamie, bride Joy, John Considine, David Hedison

uGMx8rw.jpg

Somethings wrong with that photo....

That's better! :P

klingers-first-marriage.jpg