Richard Kimble

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

892 posts in this topic

And here's an interesting little-known factoid about this photo...

3d62c1b0e6012a014fb91271cdcd7e3d.jpg

Does this woman look familiar here?

Well, that's probably because this lady, one Gladys Lipschitts originally of Far Rockaway N.Y., was the very first woman that modeled for the Columbia Pictures "Miss Liberty" logo.

In 1924(or there abouts) she was picked for this job because as soon as she walked through the door, the decision makers at Columbia where stuck by how well she seemed to personify the very dignity of character they had hoped to project upon the silver screen and that by association their product would also become known as one of quality.

(...although they DID tell her that she'd ONLY get the job IF she'd be willing to remove that crazyazz chicken hat on her head)

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drive in theatre. Site info says Williamson, West Virginia   Date unknown (found by Google images)

Williamson-Drive-in.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Drive in theatre. Site info says Williamson, West Virginia   Date unknown (found by Google images)

Williamson-Drive-in.png

Well, if that drive-in was still in operation by 1980, I'll bet they really packed 'em in when they showed Coal Miner's Daughter there anyway, eh ham?! ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, if that drive-in was still in operation by 1980, I'll bet they really packed 'em in when they showed Coal Miner's Daughter there anyway, eh ham?! ;)

Judging by the photo of what seems to be a Y class locomotive, the best bet is...

ve0swm9YOk_nRSvUuYgCS5Mlh3FVcXHBwjhBZeCT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLW28ZlPvyxziM-o8whae

?format=1500w

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graduated from slingshot to machine gun in one year. :P:lol:

temple-with-machine-gun.png

 

Definitely hung out with the wrong crowd. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerry Lewis has passed on, release the movie and let the public decide if it's in poor taste or not.  Forgot the name but there is a TV movie where a night club comedian was arrested by the Gestapo, so "The Day the Clown Cried" is true to form in that regard.

 

Nazi's don't clown around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"V For Vendetta" (2005) took note of this.  

Make comedy fun of the Chancellor...

 

...this is the consequences.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never Before Seen Marilyn Monroe Autopsy Photos

I'm asking the same question people are in the comments..Why are there such bruises on her? :huh:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andre the Giant visits the set of Conan the Destroyer (1984), with Wilt Chamberlain and Arnold Schwarzenegger (looking small).

e602604994fd313ed9af72698dcc15f8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Andre the Giant visits the set of Conan the Destroyer (1984), with Wilt Chamberlain and Arnold Schwarzenegger (looking small).

e602604994fd313ed9af72698dcc15f8.jpg

 

He would had fit in nicely in the movie. Give him armor, sword and shield. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greatest Collection Of Movie Directors In One Photo

The two on the top row far right are not directors, one is writer/actor Jean Claude Carriere and the next one is producer Serge Silberman. Can you name the others?

Image result for george cukor alfred hitchcock john ford together in one photo

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Greatest Collection Of Movie Directors In One Photo

The two on the top row far right are not directors, one is writer/actor Jean Claude Carriere and the next one is producer Serge Silberman. Can you name the others?

Image result for george cukor alfred hitchcock john ford together in one photo

I can readily identify six, and maybe seven, of the nine here, anyway.

Top row: (not sure), Wyler, Cukor, Wise

Bottom row: Wilder, Stevens, (not sure), Hitchcock, and would that be Curtiz next to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dargo said:

I can readily identify six, and maybe seven, of the nine here, anyway.

Top row: (not sure), Wyler, Cukor, Wise

Bottom row: Wilder, Stevens, (not sure), Hitchcock, and would that be Curtiz next to him?

All correct except that's not Curtiz, he was a contemporary of his though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

All correct except that's not Curtiz, he was a contemporary of his though.

Boy, he sure looks familiar anyway. I'm sure once you reveal his name I'll say, "Well, of course!".

(...btw, the guy bottom row middle...that wouldn't be Raoul Walsh, would it?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Boy, he sure looks familiar anyway. I'm sure once you reveal his name I'll say, "Well, of course!".

(...btw, the guy bottom row middle...that wouldn't be Raoul Walsh, would it?)

I will reveal his name Rouben Mamoulian (Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde 1931)

 

A hint on the bottom row middle, he was not an American movie director, he did foreign language films.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

I will reveal his name Rouben Mamoulian (Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde 1931)

 

A hint on the bottom row middle, he was not an American movie director, he did foreign language films.

And movies done in Italian, perhaps?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 1:36 AM, Dargo said:

And here's an interesting little-known factoid about this photo...

3d62c1b0e6012a014fb91271cdcd7e3d.jpg

Does this woman look familiar here?

Well, that's probably because this lady, one Gladys Lipschitts originally of Far Rockaway N.Y., was the very first woman that modeled for the Columbia Pictures "Miss Liberty" logo.

In 1924(or there abouts) she was picked for this job because as soon as she walked through the door, the decision makers at Columbia where stuck by how well she seemed to personify the very dignity of character they had hoped to project upon the silver screen and that by association their product would also become known as one of quality.

(...although they DID tell her that she'd ONLY get the job IF she'd be willing to remove that crazyazz chicken hat on her head)

 

That must have been a real feather in her cap, Dargo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 12:06 AM, hamradio said:

Never Before Seen Marilyn Monroe Autopsy Photos

I'm asking the same question people are in the comments..Why are there such bruises on her? :huh:

 

 

It's lividity.

She was probably in a more face down position when found which would reflect how the blood pooled. Can you tell I kept the forensic book from a policeman that I dated???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I can readily identify six, and maybe seven, of the nine here, anyway.

Top row: (not sure), Wyler, Cukor, Wise

Bottom row: Wilder, Stevens, (not sure), Hitchcock, and would that be Curtiz next to him?

The middle person is Luis Bunuel, to the Hitchcock's right. He was one of Hitch's favorite directors that he admired.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bunuel?

 

When was that picture taken? Mid-60s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us