Richard Kimble

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

896 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Bunuel?

 

When was that picture taken? Mid-60s?

Correct.

It was taken in 1972.

 

One more not named, top row first on the left, he is best known for a 1960s film version of a much beloved novel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Bunuel?

 

When was that picture taken? Mid-60s?

Good job, Hibi!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Correct.

It was taken in 1972.

 

One more not named, top row first on the left, he is best known for a 1960s film version of a much beloved novel.

Aaah! Robert Mulligan, right?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Det Jim McLeod said:

You got it! A lot of talent in that room.

Yes, there sure was.

(...and wouldn't you have loved to have been the proverbial "fly-on-the-wall" in that room that day, eh?!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Good job, Hibi!

It was nothing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

You got it! A lot of talent in that room.

Were they at some event? I seem to remember seeing that picture before, but had forgotten about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Were they at some event? I seem to remember seeing that picture before, but had forgotten about it.

According to the book Robert Wise And His Films by Sergio Leemann, it was a lunch honoring Bunuel at George Cukor's house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

According to the book Robert Wise And His Films by Sergio Leemann, it was a lunch honoring Bunuel at George Cukor's house. 

OK. Thanks. I remember it was some sort of lunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hibi said:

It was nothing!

Yeah, maybe.

(...but I gotta say it was still mighty impressive that you could pick out and name one o' them there "ferrin" directors) ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin."--Oscar Levant

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

 

This may have been posted before but I'm not gonna comb through old posts...😎

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

"I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin."--Oscar Levant

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

 

This may have been posted before but I'm not gonna comb through old posts...😎

Gotta say that that's the perfect pic to accompany Levant's old line here, CJ.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.6dde01e4543ae42273d3d47eea0d5557.jpeg

The Premiere Of The Tomb Of Ligea (1964)

Carol Borland (recreating her role from "Mark Of The Vampire"), Vincent Price, Maila (Vampira) Nurmi out of costume, unknown and Elsa Lanchester

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

image.jpeg.6dde01e4543ae42273d3d47eea0d5557.jpeg

The Premiere Of The Tomb Of Ligea (1964)

Carol Borland (recreating her role from "Mark Of The Vampire"), Vincent Price, Maila (Vampira) Nurmi out of costume, unknown and Elsa Lanchester

The unknown person appears to be "Jeepers' Keeper", a local-TV horror host in SoCal back in the '60s.

jeepers-keeper1.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 8:14 AM, hamradio said:

Elizabeth Taylor with mom and brother Howard 1933.

934england-elizabeth-taylor-at-the-age-o

Her brother is prettier than she is.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

alec-guinness-and-yvonne-de-carlo.jpg

Alec Guinness and Yvonne de Carlo rehearsing for The Captain's Paradise

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arsan404 said:

alec-guinness-and-yvonne-de-carlo.jpg

Alec Guinness and Yvonne de Carlo rehearsing for The Captain's Paradise

May the Force be with them. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elizabeth Taylor with mom and brother Howard 1933.

934england-elizabeth-taylor-at-the-age-o

So, is it only me, or could this pic of Liz's brother Howard look like it could also be a pic of a very young Peter Lawford?

(...or am I just falling into that old trap that says "all those little superfluous-u using British kids look alike" here???) ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Elizabeth Taylor with mom and brother Howard 1933.

934england-elizabeth-taylor-at-the-age-o

So, is it only me, or could this pic of Liz's brother Howard look like it could also be a pic of a very young Peter Lawford?

(...or am I just falling into that old trap that says "all those little superfluous-u using British kids look alike" here???) ;)

I've was wondering myself, not having been familiar.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852468/?ref_=tt_cl_t9

In searching for an image, I came across a story about how he allowed a hippy commune to form on a property he owned in Hawaii.  They were growing their own food, but for the most part living off of welfare and food stamps.  Eventually the govt drove them out and demolished it over drugs.

http://moviecollectoroh.com/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/liz-taylor-with-brother-howard.jpg

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us