Sign in to follow this  
princessananka

It Came From Outer Space

4 posts in this topic

Am eagerly awaiting to see this sci-fi classic for its 8 p.m. Friday showing.(May 3)I remember well when it appeared in l953 and everybody in the big theater wore 3-D glasses--and we all ducked and gasped as the exploding rocks and boulders came racing out of the screen and right at our heads!The story is good and creepy, too, and I remember how sinister the wind blew dust across the road when Richard Carlson was racing into town. Carlson was a fabulous sci-fi hero. He looked so cerebral but he was also so sexy--especially when he wore just a bathing suit in "Creature From the Black Lagoon." The monster in this flick is pretty scary, too, and that great musical score!

You are right about Richard Carlson- he was the perfect 1950 sci-fi movie hero. I saw a double bill of "It Came From Outer Space " and " Creature from the Black Lagoon" in 3 -D. " The Creature" is specially effective in 3-D . They are both classic Jack Arnold thrillers.

I wasn't going to eat that last quart of triple chocolate whole ice cream with chunks of dark chocolate generously sprinkled about but...

I just turned on It Came From Outer Space and now I have to. Wish me luck :P