Sign in to follow this  
mikat1

Next Year's Festival

32 posts in this topic

After watching *Ride the High Country* this morning, I was reminded not only what a gem of a western it is but how beautiful the cinematography is.

It is beautiful to see on the big screen!

SueSue has a wonderful write-up on co-star Marietta Hartley in her always fun to read thread, Sue Sue II.

How great would it be to see Marietta Hartley, James Drury and Joel McCrea's grandson introduce the film at next year's FF? And Randolph Scott had two children, might one of them be able to be there?

I think it would be awesome!!!!

> {quote:title=lzcutter wrote:}{quote}After watching *Ride the High Country* this morning, I was reminded not only what a gem of a western it is but how beautiful the cinematography is.

>

> It is beautiful to see on the big screen!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> SueSue has a wonderful write-up on co-star Marietta Hartley in her always fun to read thread, Sue Sue II.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> How great would it be to see Marietta Hartley, James Drury and Joel McCrea's grandson introduce the film at next year's FF? And Randolph Scott had two children, might one of them be able to be there?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I think it would be awesome!!!!

>

I think it would be awesome, too! And thank you so much for the kind words about Sue Sue II.

Once Randolph Scott saw his performance in *Ride The High Country,* he realized he wanted to quit while he was ahead because he felt that he could never surpass his achievements in the 1962 western directed by Sam Peckinpah.

Mariette Hartley, James Drury, and Joel McCrea's grandson would be fabulous guests for the veneration of this film to TCMFF passholders in 2014!

*No one* will be admitted to the 2014 TCM Festival without knowing the "secret" Mark Wynns- Tippi Hedren handshake !

*Tip*: It's all in the knuckles !

(*Caveat*: For those of you out there unfamiliar with the TCM fan website - *yes*, this is a joke !) - CinecrazyDC

8795537636_0d1893ab48.jpg

That was a cute photo, cinecrazydc!

And I just heard about this....

6619c833-0c90-4ff5-a6d3-0f42d297c2a3_zps

Mariette Hartley

WISH THIS WOULD HAPPEN AT NEXT YEAR'S TCMFF 2014......

Emmy Award-winning actress Mariette Hartley will be making a special appearance during the screening of “Ride the High Country” in the South Pasadena Public Library Community Room on Thursday, June 6 at 7:00 p.m.

The classic film was her first starring role and helped to launch her stellar acting career in film, theatre, and television. There will be a Q&A with Mariette Hartley, Wyatt McCrea, grandson of Joel and Frances McCrea, and David Lyons, son of the film's producer Richard Lyons.

Mariette Hartley would be a fabulous guest, as would Wyatt McCrea and David Lyons.

Well, Sue, wish I lived in Pasadena (isn't that the home of the little old lady who only drove her car to and from church --- at least according to the used car salesman ??!). Any word about {font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}Mariette{font} and Tippi getting together for *Marnie* next year ?? It is the 50th anniversary. And thanks for all of your bloggs and the neat photos of you and Butterscotch. Really looking forward to coming back to H'wood for the next FF !

Cinecrazy

My mom and dad before they died liked a Guy Lombardo tape I made that they would play on New Years. perhaps has nothing to do with this thread....but Enjoy, Yourself...It's later than you think....Enjoy, Yourself....While you're still in the pink....The years. fly by, much faster than you think...Enjoy Yourself, Enjoy Yourself, It's later than you think....( who needs the Stones )....You dream about, dollars bills, piled neat all in a stack....but if you kiss a dollar bill, it won't kiss you back.....

Enjoy, Yourself, ...It's Late Er Than You...Think......Cha, Cha, Cha