butterscotchgreer

Festival adventure dribbles...

68 posts in this topic

T, I have a question that I forgot to ask before. How was it that Mr O happened to be in Austin? I doubt he is on a tour but that would be great if he were. If he came to my town I would certainly be there at the theater. Thanks.

• Like 1

What a wonderful story, Theresa! And I am thrilled to hear about another Essentials hostess who just happens to be an Oscar winner. I know that Drew Barrymore wants to spend more quality time with her growing family and has other projects on the horizon.

Julie Andrews would be nice! There are just so many possibilities. I also read some speculation about Cher, Eva Marie Saint, and a few others. We'll just have to wait to find out! Teehee! :-)

• Like 1

T, I have a question that I forgot to ask before. How was it that Mr O happened to be in Austin? I doubt he is on a tour but that would be great if he were. If he came to my town I would certainly be there at the theater. Thanks.

'Ello my mean pirate!

I really dont know the answer to that question. I wish I did. It seemed like Robert had some kind of attachment to Austin, but that may be my mind playing tricks on me. I dont know. He came last summer to Austin as well. I was going to go to that also, but I think I was out of town when it was going on, so I missed it.

So, I was wondering if anyone here in Austin or anyone out of Austin would come to the "Making of Gone with the Wind" exhibit at the Harry Ransom Center going on all through the fall until January. I will be going to see the dresses and take a look at what else is going on there. I can report back if anyone is interested in hearing about it. I'm quite excited to go!

Have I mentioned that I am excited about the Festival?!! EEE!!! Some people have already been asking me if I have my dresses ready (It's only August guys! Gee wiz! Such impatience around here! :P Heehee!) and all I can say is that I have found my red carpet dress. YAY! You aren't allowed to know what it looks like yet, so SHHHHHH, it's a surprise. Heehee! It's a little big for me, so I need to get it taken in a bit, but It's shiny and really pretty....and VINTAGE!!

So, I was wondering if anyone here in Austin or anyone out of Austin would come to the "Making of Gone with the Wind" exhibit at the Harry Ransom Center going on all through the fall until January. I will be going to see the dresses and take a look at what else is going on there. I can report back if anyone is interested in hearing about it.

Well of course you know the answer to that question, dear one, we want your reports most heartily ... and if we don't get them, then yowza, we may have to do some complainin; around here. And you know too, MissG would probably be particularly delighted to read those reports as GWTW is, I believe, one of her very faves. So fire away when ready ...

Have I mentioned that I am excited about the Festival?!! EEE!!!

Now which Festival is this? The next TCM one? Already?... as in the one just recently done? Or some other? When is the next TCM Festival? And Where? I probably won't make it, just curious.

Some people have already been asking me if I have my dresses ready (It's only August guys! Gee wiz! Such impatience around here!

Us "guys" like to see pretty things, pretty dresses and pretty young ladies wearing them ... why shouldn't we be impatient? So hurry up!

;)

;)

Laffite

lafitte and butterscotchgreer, here's a link to all the events scheduled for the "Making of Gone With The Wind" exhibition at the Harry Ransom Center in Austin this fall :http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/events/

I'm planning on attending a few of the events and writing about them a little later.

Hope to see you at some of them if you are in Austin!

Sue x 2

• Like 1

Well of course you know the answer to that question, dear one, we want your reports most heartily ... and if we don't get them, then yowza, we may have to do some complainin; around here. And you know too, MissG would probably be particularly delighted to read those reports as GWTW is, I believe, one of her very faves. So fire away when ready ...

Well, I am super excited about the exhibit. It starts in September, so I hope to report back within a month or so on that subject.

Now which Festival is this? The next TCM one? Already?... as in the one just recently done? Or some other? When is the next TCM Festival? And Where? I probably won't make it, just curious.

Of course the next TCM festival, silly goose!

Us "guys" like to see pretty things, pretty dresses and pretty young ladies wearing them ... why shouldn't we be impatient? So hurry up!

Heehee! Vous etes si drole Johnny!

Well, I am super excited about the exhibit. It starts in September, so I hope to report back within a month or so on that subject.

Well, it's September ... so we should be hearing from you sooner than that ...

:P

...or whenever you get around to it.

;)

Well, it was just over. So when is the next one? Inquiring minds and silly gooses want to know.

Heehee! Vous etes si drole Johnny!

That's all Johnny has any more, his little drolleries. And sometimes they're not even droll.

:(

--

Well, it's September ... so we should be hearing from you sooner than that ...

:P

...or whenever you get around to it.

Well it might be toward the end of the month. I have had some really big changes happen as of yesterday, so I am wondering how this will effect all the things I need to get done before October. Hopefully I can get around to the exhibit sooner than later.

Well, it was just over. So when is the next one? Inquiring minds and silly gooses want to know.

It's always in April, dahling. :D

That's all Johnny has any more, his little drolleries. And sometimes they're not even droll.

Did I say the wrong word? That's the only word I know for "funny"...See, now I have to look it up. Heehee! No sad faces, Johnny! In this thread people can only be happy and smiling! And if they aren't, well then that is my mission to wipe sad faces away.

Your little drolleries always make me giggle, so please keep them up! Because then I can get out my drolleries and we can droll back and forth. It's a vicious cycle that just keeps on going. I hope it never ends!

Well it might be toward the end of the month. I have had some really big changes happen as of yesterday, so I am wondering how this will effect all the things I need to get done before October. Hopefully I can get around to the exhibit sooner than later.

Of course, of course ... don't mind me with all this hurry-up stuff, just Johnny trying to be funny. It's a long-running exhibit anyway, perhaps better later rather than sooner with the reports. I hope 'changes' doesn't mean trouble of any kind ... if so, I hope you have speedy resolutions to any and all problems. ...

laffite: That's all Johnny has any more, his little drolleries. And sometimes they're not even droll.

Did I say the wrong word? That's the only word I know for "funny"...See, now I have to look it up. Heehee! No sad faces, Johnny! In this thread people can only be happy and smiling! And if they aren't, well then that is my mission to wipe sad faces away. Your little drolleries always make me giggle, so please keep them up! Because then I can get out my drolleries and we can droll back and forth. It's a vicious cycle that just keeps on going. I hope it never ends!

Main non, petite T, You used the right word, it means, "funny, comical, or amusing." Tu es parfait!

No more sad faces, je te le promis!. That was suppose to be mock sad face but the mock part sometimes gets left behind. And BTW. you are excellent at chasing away sad faces, there is no one better. And yes, on with les droleries, pour toujours!

==

• Like 1

Happy Belated Birthday, Texas T!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday and a great time at your party today!

You have a big month ahead of you!

• Like 2

Someone we know is going to be married soon! I was lucky enough to attend a fabulous bridal shower to celebrate, and here are some photos from all the fun....

imagejpg1_zpsb5332591.jpg

Her seams are always straight, her smiles are always sincere, and her joy is shared by all...

• Like 1

Congratulations to Theresa and Joe!

(More wedding photos are posted on Sue Sue II.)

I am so glad you had fun Christy! It wouldn't have been the same without you there! I love the picture! I didn't realize you took that when I looked at you. Heehee! 

• Like 1

Dear Theresa,

I was away from the boards while all these wonderful things were happening and those wonderful pictures were being taken. Just lovely!

The best possible wishes to You and the lucky fella there.

Johnny Laffite

• Like 1