Sign in to follow this  
CineMaven

CRAVIN' MAVEN's FILM FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE - 2013 STYLE

16 posts in this topic

0d1f56db-d0f5-4444-8003-5d33b1b2d925_zps

This is the video essay I did of my experience at TCM's recent film festival. I had a blast!

Thank you for watching.

Nicely done, Theresa, nicely done!

You were everywhere and got some wonderful photos and video!

What a Wonderful Job Cinemaven has done with her video. It was a Pleasure and Such an Enjoyable experience watching. Guaranteed to put a smile on everyone's face. I hope EVERYONE takes the time to view this. GREAT WORK Theresa, and THANK YOU so much for sharing with the rest of us some of the highlights of the TCM Film Festival. ;)

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

>

> Thank you for watching.

>

No, Dear Lady, THANK YOU!. This was a real treat. To see The Boulevard and the Hotel as I remember them, and the excerpts from the presentations were more than I expected and very much appreciated. I enjoyed seeing the fans' reactions and how much fun they had. And, of course, your smiling face.

P. S. Music from *Goodbye, Columbus?* WOW! I didn't like the movie much but *The Association* is another story. Thanks again from one Theressa to another! (Yes, I have two s's; the registrar couldn't spell. It's Florida, what else can I say?)

Just fantastic, CineMaven! You really captured the spirit and heart of the event with your images of the stars, attendees, and Hollywood, too. Wonderful to relive the excitement again! You're a very talented filmmaker and your love and enthusiasm for classic movies, TCM, and the Festival shows in every frame! Thanks for creating this special Valentine for us all to enjoy.

I am SUCH a fanboi of yours, darlin'. Absolutely bubblin'-up, stammer-jaw'd, fanboi stuff - "and all for ME?!!" Thanks, you wonderful person.

This was a fabulous tour through all of the fun we had, and I am so grateful to you putting it all together for us. Thank you for being just about everywhere and chronicling this event with photos, video, and your expertise! :)

*LZCUTTER writes: "Nicely done, Theresa, nicely done! You were everywhere and got some wonderful photos and video!"*

Thank you Madame Cutter. Coming from an editor/filmmaker, I appreciate that! You know very well what it takes! I tried to soak up the entire festival in a mere four days as I know you did as well. TCM gives a fan a lot to do, don’t they? I didn't think I'd be as moved as I was to hear Cari Beauchamp talk about *FRANCES MARION.*

2478f96f-c93e-47bc-940a-8d1726d36b31_zps

My god, she was a trailblazer, wasn't she. Every woman filmmaker should read up on her. Every woman should read up on her. Hey...every man, too.

*LAVENDERBLUE writes: "What a Wonderful Job Cinemaven has done with her video. It was a Pleasure and Such an Enjoyable experience watching. Guaranteed to put a smile on everyone's face. I hope EVERYONE takes the time to view this. GREAT WORK Theresa, and THANK YOU so much for sharing with the rest of us some of the highlights of the TCM Film Festival."* ;-)

Hi there Lavender. Thanxx so much. Perhaps this has whet your appetite to attend next year's festival? See things for yourself. And thanxx so much for the shout-out from you to folks to check out my work. Thank you!

*WOULDBESTAR writes: "No, Dear Lady, THANK YOU!. This was a real treat. To see The Boulevard and the Hotel as I remember them, and the excerpts from the presentations were more than I expected and very much appreciated. I enjoyed seeing the fans' reactions and how much fun they had. And, of course, your smiling face..." ;)*

:-) That you KNOW it was from "*GOODBYE COLUMBUS"* made me L0L! ( I loved the movie back then...big fan of Ali MacGraw. ) It's all as you remember it “SS” and I hope circumstances permit you to attend the event next year. It'll be TCM's 20th anniversary on the air. Perhaps they’ll really hit it out of the park to blow our minds, with special guests and events for 2014's festival. I'm glad you enjoyed watching the video

Now, about Florida and those long lines.... ;-)

*DARRYLFXANAX writes: "Just fantastic, CineMaven! You really captured the spirit and heart of the event with your images of the stars, attendees, and Hollywood, too. Wonderful to relive the excitement again! You're a very talented filmmaker and your love and enthusiasm for classic movies, TCM, and the Festival shows in every frame! Thanks for creating this special Valentine for us all to enjoy."*

b2846f47-0625-4efa-87f5-af7dd097c879_zps

Thank you so much for the compliments Mr. Xanax. I appreciate that. I knew I was sharing this video essay with folks who didn't get to go. But to those who did attend, they might watch it, and really see if I got this right. It's bittersweet reliving it. All I can do to assuage my longing...is to go again NEXT YEAR!!! Oy! My achin' bank account. And to think, we both got to meet Ann Blyth. I do love classic films! Heck, don't we all. Thanx man.

*OLLIE T writes: "I am SUCH a fanboi of yours, darlin'. Absolutely bubblin'-up, stammer-jaw'd, fanboi stuff - 'and all for ME?!!' Thanks, you wonderful person."*

Sooooooooo, the little Missus unshackled you from your dungeon dwelling and gave you your requisite one hour of fresh air, sunshine and computer time here at the ol’ corral. Great! Thanks so much Ollie for your unabashed appreciation of me doing what I love to do; making films. I hope my video essay gave you a taste of what it’s like to go to a TCM event, where like-minded film buffs bask in the glow of their favorite classic films, shimmering up there on the big screen. I’m telling you man, seeing "*MILDRED PIERCE"* up there was unbelievable. And as for watching "*GILDA"* at 9:30 on a Sunday morning is incredible. Rita Hayworth is already larger than life but on the big screen - viscerally overwhelming. She truly is The Love Goddess. Believe me when I tell you, you could not hear a soul *breathing* in the packed Egyptian when Rita was on screen. I was so wiped out after seeing that movie, all I could do for the rest of the day was drink, listen to panels...and drink. Thanx again for watching.

*SUESUEAPPLEGATE writes: "This was a fabulous tour through all of the fun we had, and I am so grateful to you putting it all together for us. Thank you for being just about everywhere and chronicling this event with photos, video, and your expertise!"*

To you Texas Guinan / Auntie Mame ( with a dash of Mary Boland's joie de vivre thrown into the mix ) all rolled up into one...I'm glad you enjoyed my video. Reading your own *"SUE SUE"* thread and the path you took in covering the festival has been a wonderful read & a cool way to relive it all! Oh, I got into the festival, hitting the ground running with a fun group of gals. You took advantage of genuinely getting intimate and personal conversations with celebrities, while I voyeuristically hid behind my camera observing and capturing. Thanks for checking out my work, Sue *x* 2.

And if the powers-that-be over at TCM are reading this Message Board, send this message to Darcy Hettrich:

Show *"CASABLANCA"* at Grauman's Chinese as your Opening Night film, and see if you can get *Isabella Rossellini* and *Stephen Bogart* to introduce the film. What a coupe THAT would be. ( You heard it *here* first folks! )

My thanks to all of you who might take the time to watch my video essay. Share it with your friends. It might convince them to travel with you to TCM's festival in 2014 if you're a little shy about going it alone. But don't be shy. Trust me...you won't be alone!!!

CM,

Thank you for sharing your TCM FF experience. I found that it was overlapping in many ways but you attended some different events. I really enjoyed watching your video and I felt that I was able to view several events to which I could not be not present, with your experience, which greatly added to the entire experience. Thank you so much!

Hi there Countess. I'm so glad you enjoyed the video. I was here and there, and there and here, but this is the first year I didn't feel rushed. With all that I shot, I felt I breathed through this year's film fest. Four days seem to whizzz by while I was in Hollywood, until I sit down to edit. ( "I shot all this?! Where do I start??" ) Thanxxx so much for watching. And feel free to share the video with your friends. By the way, you and your friend look like naturals walking down the red carpet. It was good seeing you.

Thanks for sharing your video Cinemaven! It really has a feel for the richness and joy of the festival experience. It was great meeting you there and I look forward to seeing you next year!

Jeff (of Ed and Jeff)

Hello there Jeff. I'm so glad to have run into you and Ed; especially my last few moments at the Roosevelt in the lobby. The group I was hanging with, and I had just parted ways and I was feeling kind of sad sitting there in the lobby collecting my thoughts about how I was getting to Union Station. I'm happy you enjoyed my video essay. If my bank account holds out, I'll look for you and Ed next year. Probably on the red carpet. Take good care. And please, send my regards to Ed. Thanx!

:-)

Outstanding work Maven ! The production values on this were really high. BTW, do you work in media ? The way this was put together, it sure appeared that way. Looking (hopefully) forward to your next installment in 2014 !

CinecrazyDC

Hi CineCrazy...thanxx so much for the compliment. I wish I did, but I don't work in media professionally. I have done other projects. I'm happy you enjoyed my efforts and hope it

gave a good overview of what TCM's film festival is all about.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> *DARRYLFXANAX writes: "Just fantastic, CineMaven! You really captured the spirit and heart of the event with your images of the stars, attendees, and Hollywood, too. Wonderful to relive the excitement again! You're a very talented filmmaker and your love and enthusiasm for classic movies, TCM, and the Festival shows in every frame! Thanks for creating this special Valentine for us all to enjoy."*

>

>

>

>

>

> b2846f47-0625-4efa-87f5-af7dd097c879_zps

>

>

>

>

>

> Thank you so much for the compliments Mr. Xanax. I appreciate that. I knew I was sharing this video essay with folks who didn't get to go. But to those who did attend, they might watch it, and really see if I got this right. It's bittersweet reliving it. All I can do to assuage my longing...is to go again NEXT YEAR!!! Oy! My achin' bank account. And to think, we both got to meet Ann Blyth. I do love classic films! Heck, don't we all. Thanx man.

>

>

>

>

>

> *SUESUEAPPLEGATE writes: "This was a fabulous tour through all of the fun we had, and I am so grateful to you putting it all together for us. Thank you for being just about everywhere and chronicling this event with photos, video, and your expertise!"*

>

>

>

>

>

> To you Texas Guinan / Auntie Mame ( with a dash of Mary Boland's joie de vivre thrown into the mix ) all rolled up into one...I'm glad you enjoyed my video. Reading your own *"SUE SUE"* thread and the path you took in covering the festival has been a wonderful read & a cool way to relive it all! Oh, I got into the festival, hitting the ground running with a fun group of gals. You took advantage of genuinely getting intimate and personal conversations with celebrities, while I voyeuristically hid behind my camera observing and capturing. Thanks for checking out my work, Sue *x* 2.

>

>

>

>

>

> And if the powers-that-be over at TCM are reading this Message Board, send this message to Darcy Hettrich:

>

>

>

>

>

> Show *"CASABLANCA"* at Grauman's Chinese as your Opening Night film, and see if you can get *Isabella Rossellini* and *Stephen Bogart* to introduce the film. What a coupe THAT would be. ( You heard it *here* first folks! )

>

>

>

>

>

> My thanks to all of you who might take the time to watch my video essay. Share it with your friends. It might convince them to travel with you to TCM's festival in 2014 if you're a little shy about going it alone. But don't be shy. Trust me...you won't be alone!!!

>

>

I know we've chatted a couple of times since you originally posted this wonderful response to all your TCM Message Board fans, but I so enjoyed all your comments to me and everyone else, and I wanted to tell you how much I adored that photo of you and "Darryl." And I do hope that we might be able to see CASABLANCA at the TCMFF 2014 with Isabella Rossellini, Stephen Bogart, and I hope they also add Monika Henreid. I think it would be one of the most popular events at the festival.

Your video is a sweet compilation of all the fun!

Here's that link again for anyone who missed it: