Sign in to follow this  
joefilmone

" Man of Steel" (2013)

6 posts in this topic

There is nothing comic about this very serious "Superman" adapation. An almost perfect cast brings to life the saga of the last son of Krypton- but forget the light fun Christopher Reeve movies.

No spoilers but screenwriter David S Goyer finds some new twist in the classic story.

Edited by: joefilmone on Jun 25, 2013 6:14 PM

My head began to pound fifteen minutes into the movie. The relentless battles between Superman and villians became a hideous blur that I thought would never end. To me, it was made from the same ingredients that all the other Action Hero movies have become. Non-stop noise, fights, CGI tricks, etc. And that ear-splitting soundtrack!I'll take the beautiful black and white smoothness of George Reeves in his Superman TV series anyday over this way over-the-top extravaganza of mayhem.

Im thinking this was in part a response to "Superman Returns"...that was modelled after the first two movies but didnt really have any action...saving that plane was nice and all but a lot of people wanted to see Superman cut loose....He certainly did that!