Sign in to follow this  
traceyk65

Classic Hollywood Daily Divas

562 posts in this topic

That's because I'm an optimist, darlings.

Did you see what the late Dick Van Patten had to say about Bankhead?   He was an actor at 14 and they were in a play together and he made some mistakes and so she asked him to come to her dressing room for advise and she was naked.    He joked that he really messed up after that just to get invited back in.

Did you see what the late Dick Van Patten had to say about Bankhead?   He was an actor at 14 and they were in a play together and he made some mistakes and so she asked him to come to her dressing room for advise and she was naked.    He joked that he really messed up after that just to get invited back in.

That sounds like her! Very free with her body, our  Miss Tallu.

That sounds like her! Very free with her body, our  Miss Tallu.

Well it helps keep her relevant since I read this in an obituary of Van Patten.  

PS:  Lovey picture of Garbo and one I don't recall ever seeing,  with that flowing hair.  Of course her lonely, in her own world, ook is something I'm very familiar with. 

Well it helps keep her relevant since I read this in an obituary of Van Patten.  

PS:  Lovey picture of Garbo and one I don't recall ever seeing,  with that flowing hair.  Of course her lonely, in her own world, ook is something I'm very familiar with. 

I think she was pretty young in that picture--one of her early photo shoots from the 20's. She still has that harsh Euro look to her makeup.

I think she was pretty young in that picture--one of her early photo shoots from the 20's. She still has that harsh Euro look to her makeup.

Actually, looking at it again, I think it may be from the late 20's, maybe around the time of Woman of Affairs? This is RE: the Garbo picture

Did you 'steal' that quote, Tracey? If not, it's sheer genius!

Yeah. I think it's one of her original quotes.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Prince George!

georgenanna_zps8flufxpc.pngWindsor, perhaps? Or that little place up on Scotland?

• Like 2

marmemesexy_zpskcwtm5oq.png

It just happens, darling...like the sun rising in the east.

That's great...I love it!

joan%20napkins_zps45ppceaz.png

Without proper etiquette, darling, one may as well be living in a cave somewhere eating bugs or ::shudder:: fast food...

• Like 2

joan%20napkins_zps45ppceaz.png

Without proper etiquette, darling, one may as well be living in a cave somewhere eating bugs or ::shudder:: fast food...

That's a great one. Paper plates too. LOL