Sign in to follow this  
traceyk65

Classic Hollywood Daily Divas

562 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info. Well at least I was right that if it was her it had to be a very early shot. I have a lot of stills of Carole and this is one I hadn't seen before. What a beauty.

She was lovely. I still don;t know what she's wearing. It reminds me of when I was a little kid and used to roll up in the drapes.

> {quote:title=traceyk65 wrote:}{quote}She was lovely. I still don;t know what she's wearing. It reminds me of when I was a little kid and used to roll up in the drapes.

Carole heard you...

carolelombardp1202-191f_zpse0a2e328.jpg

Cute. I wonder if that is the picture Dietrich was talking about when she referred to the lame they dressed Carole Lombard in? I can't remember the exact quote, but Maria Riva writes about the search for a perfect fabric for one of Dietrich's films (DEVIL IS A WOMAN maybe?) Anyway, Dietrich didn;t think too highly of it.

marlene21_zps9cf38f26.png

> {quote:title=The quote is:

> }{quote}

> "Travis -- I know we have a blacker black than this velvet. The nap is too short on this to look rich on the screen, and where is the georgette we didn't use in 'Blonde Venus'? Did you use it for Lombard? That old satin you draped her with for those publicity stills -- really! -- off the shoulder? A la 'vamp'? Lombard? She looked silly..."

>

> It's from the entry http://carole-and-co.livejournal.com/414055.html (and the film in question was "The Scarlet Empress").

>

>

>

>

>

> ___________________

>

>

>

>

>

> traceyk65 wr

>

>

>

>

>

> Cute. I wonder if that is the picture Dietrich was talking about when she referred to the lame they dressed Carole Lombard in? I can't remember the exact quote, but Maria Riva writes about the search for a perfect fabric for one of Dietrich's films (DEVIL IS A WOMAN maybe?) Anyway, Dietrich didn;t think too highly of it.

>

>

>

>

>

> marlene21_zps9cf38f26.png

>

>

>

>

>

Meanwhile, Fay Wray watches Lombard and Dietrich go at it from the sidelines...

faywray000b_zps7614c7bc.jpg

Carole, darling, let's stop arguing and just mock Miss Streisand's clothing choices for a bit...

MARMEMEBABS_zps73de0bb2.png

Edited by: traceyk65 on Aug 11, 2013 12:36 PM

In honor of Scrodinger's birthday, here's Schrodinger's Bette (with a nod to Sir Terry Pratchett)

SCHRODINGERSBETTE_zps8a115e4a.png

You're probably right...except possibly in a movie. (Well not in so many words, but that was the message of Adam's Rib after all. )

Ive always had mixed feelings about their relationship in real life. Maybe Kate had a streak of **** she was indulging?