Sign in to follow this  
happyowl55

[b]In what year was I born?[/b]

40 posts in this topic

Okay, I got this idea the other night as I was watching one of my favorite movies. I found that the movie was released the year I was born. Think you can identify the year of my birth by a list of some of the movies released that year? If you're interested, then give it a try!! The first to guess correctly can add a list of his/her own.

Okay, in no particular order, here goes . . .

Mister Roberts

Blood Alley

The Seven Year Itch

Oklahoma

East of Eden

The Trouble with Harry

Bad Day at Black Rock

Marty

To Catch a Thief

The Rose Tattoo

Not a bad year, movie-wise!!

I listed 10 movies from my birth year, but any one else should feel free to list as few or as many as you'd like!

1955! This might be fun, but you should know that there is already an age confessing thread in the General Discussions folder. Some will, and some won't, admit their age.

Films from my birth year include:

The Apartment, Elmer Gantry, Inherit the Wind, The Magnificient Seven, Psycho, Spartacus

Not a bad list either;-)

What year was I born?

path I mean no disrespect but I thought just got the impression you were older than the early 60s due to your love and knowledge of movies please don't take offense. I could look in my book but I'll venture a guess is it 1961?

Nope, and no offense taken, gwtw;-)

I didn't make up this game, I was merely its first participant. Since we haven't heard from owl, and you only missed it by one year, how about you share some films from your birth year?

gee..thanks

hehe

since i do not know what came out in the ooohh so blessed year i was born i shall cheat. yes, he it is WOWIE the year our beloved judy passed away. I was born the year judy garland died. OOOHHH YYYEEEEAAA.......Easy Rider, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice, and Hello Dolly

by the way this is gwtw's child typing all the random stuff and posting the beautiful message. IT IS MY COMPUTER MMMMIIIIIIINNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm back. Couldn't get back sooner because my 4 month old granddaughter was here. She demands undivided attention. (And of course, she gets it!!)

I figured the most logical way to progress is for the person guessing the correct year to post the next list. Other than that, I didn't have any specific rules in mind. As long as the progression makes sense and we can keep up with it.

Oh, of course, path was right--1955!! BTW--The movie I was watching was Blood Alley. Just got it on DVD!

GWTW, you were born in 1969.

There were some excellent movies produced the year I was born...here are some of them:

Pride of the Yankees

Random Harvest

Yankee Doodle Dandy

Casablanca

Bambi

Now, Voyager

The Magnificent Ambersons

Mrs. Miniver

Holiday Inn

;)ML

You were born in 1942, ML!! Great year for movies!

Films from my year of birth include:

Hud

Tom Jones

8 1/2

From Russia With Love

The Haunting

The Birds

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

KEITH,

You were born in 1963.

Here are some films from my birth year.....

The Black Cat

Great Expectations

Imitation Of Life

Yes, ML I was born in 1969. My mother had me in December and because of that I'm younger all the time like this my 36 year but I'm 35 and turn 36 at the end and then I'll be 37 all during my 37th year. Cleaver of my momma don't you think?

Movie Joe, 1979? That is not what I expected! Wow- OK. Here are some from mine..

Up In Smoke

Animal House

The Deer Hunter

Halloween

Midnight Express

Shaina, 1978? That's not what I was expecting either! I was under the impression that you were much older, and I'll bet you thought the same about me - most people do.

Return of the Jedi

Dr. Faustus

The Dead Zone

Terms of Endearment

A Christmas Story

Monty Python's Meaning of Life

Curse of the Pink Panther

jposkitt- 1983? Oh my gosh- younger than expected! I am glad there are some younger classic fans- keeps it going, ya know? :)A Christmas Story is one of my faves- I watch it like 5 times every Christmastime.

yeah, I know, my username said it all. But, yep, I love classics and I should have been born in 1920--just cuz.

C U on the boards!!

Shainabluegirl, take a time out for a second and give me some badly wanted info. Where did you get your smiley face emoticon and how can you use it on a forum? I desparately want my own set of these cuties but haven't come up with where you can find them or where to put them once you do find them. Help?! Back to the topic at hand: Re: In what year was I born?.......... and I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring as well--in what year was I born?????