Sign in to follow this  
happyowl55

[b]In what year was I born?[/b]

40 posts in this topic

Well ellie- you just type in a : and a ) with no space in between and it comes out an emoticon when your post, well, posts. :) Like so. Or a : and a ( :( and so on! Well, give us some movies from your birth year and I will hazard a geuss! Off the top of my head I'll say.......( picture Johnny Carson with an envelope on his forehead....) 1965? I am just geussing!!

Hi shainabluegirl!:)

You have made me very happy with 1965--if I sound that young I must have something going for me. However, you are way off the mark sad to say(that may give you a clue):(! Go back a few years-many years and you may get closer to the sad truth of it all.;)!

Here are some from my year:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Aliens

Platoon

Stand by Me

Hannah and her Sisters

Top Gun

Hi shainabluegirl! I can't really tell you about any movies coming out in my birth year. I'll have to pay more attention to Now Playing and get some titles listed for you but then it would be a dead giveaway:).

OK OK. Ellie- Let's see, you said years before my first geuss of 1965. 1951? How about some famous movies from the same decade? That would not be a dead giveaway but might get me nearer. :)

Kimbo, 1985?

Wow, it is great to see a lot of younger people here. And for awhile I thought I was the only one!

moviejoe ~

close, but a year off...1986...not quite at that 20 yet!

I was surprised too at the amount of younger people here, but that's great!

Ellie, you're not old, you're just well seasoned. Now then, about the emoticons . . .

Go to Yahoo! home page and type in the word "emoticons" in the search line. On the results page, there should be a link that reads, "Learn how to make Yahoo! emoticons." Click on that and it will show what you need to type to get different characters. Enjoy!

B-) This is one of my favorites. I call him "Too Cool to Drool"!!

happyowl--just an aside-I went to yahoo and printed out all the emoticon infor, but for some reason none of them work except for happy, sad, winking, and big grin. What am I doing wrong?:(

An aside to happyowl--wuold you take a moment to respond to my post re the emoticons? I can't figure out why most of them don't work.:(

Sorry I haven't answered in such a long time. I haven't had time to even check the message boards in quite a while.

As far as the emoticons, I can't really help you there. I don't use them very often myself, so I don't know much about them. Sorry.