Sign in to follow this  

Remembering Kyle in Hollywood

123 posts in this topic

I am so sorry to hear of Kyle's passing. I did not know him, but I do remember reading some of his very informative posts. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.................

Yes, Kyle was a great resource and I learned a lot from him about studio era movies.

He will be missed!

So very sorry to hear this. Thanks for posting the picture. Is nice to have a face to go with the name. I really didnt know him well, and he rarely responded to my posts, but was always nice to me in our few interractions. He will be greatly missed on the boards, that I know. So sad. :( Had he been ill very long?

Always enjoyed reading Kyle's informative and entertainingly written posts. What a shame to learn there will no longer be anymore of them.

My condolences to all his friends and family.

I believe he had been ill for some time, but I know no futher details.

Kyle was a generous, sweet and dear man. Over the years we pm'd each other quite a bit and fortunately I still have those. I've spent most of the morning re-reading his dear notes to me. He was always supportative, full of wisdom and great advice. I will always treasure his friendship

My Sincerest Condolences to his Family and his many friends, he will be missed so much by all of us.

I am so sorry to hear of Kyle's passing. He was a large part of what made this board so enjoyable. His presence here will be greatly missed.My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

I was shocked and saddened to hear of Kyle's passing.

He was always a positive presence on these boards, and for TCM in general.

He was always at the ready with helpful information, whether about Turner Classic Movies, or about classic film in general. But more than this, he had a gentle way, and a fine sense of humour.

He will be very much missed here.

All I can say is that I am devastated at this sad news. When Lynn informed me of Kyle's passing I couldn't believe it. It's a shame.

I go way back with Kyle on these boards and when I finally met him in Atlanta at the TCM 15th Anniversary it confirmed what a swell guy he was.

Needless to say I will miss him as most of you will.

I'll always remember him for the passion he had for the movies and most of all for his friendship.

Rest in Peace, Kyle.

Joe

Although I only knew him from his postings, I always enjoyed his knowledge and views of "Classic" film. I'm truly saddened for his family and many friends by his passing.....

I am saddened at the news of Kyle's passing. I always looked forward to his wonderful postings in the movie poster thread and his ephemerals thread. He was a very classy individual and I will miss him.

Rest in peace my friend.

I feel so heavy hearted... Like others, I only knew Kyle from his posts, but I remember his depth of knowledge as well as his kindness toward me over time. He did touch my life and for that I'm grateful.

R.I.P., Kyle. I know there is a lot of mourning on these boards right now.

So, so, sad to hear this. I may not be here as much as I used to, so this is a real shame. He was helpful, funny and knew his stuff when it came to classics. This saddens me deeply. May He Rest in Peace..

*Bill (vallo13)*

Here is a wonderful picture of the TCM Fan Guest Programmers on its 15th anniversary with Robert Osborne. I don't believe all fifteen are present. Kyle is at the far left of the back row. My condolences to his family and friends

Group%20shot%20Home%20restaurant%20with%

I don't know how many people really know it, but I feel like this website owes a lot to Kyle. He made this place my first stop in the mornings for so many years. He pleased SO many people with his posters, which were always interesting and he always presented them in an inventive and fun way. His humor was contagious.

He was always willing to help someone who was new to the website. He was a voice of reason during uncomfortable confrontations, always trying to help us step back and look at what we were accomplishing with our silly differences.

During some of the darker days of this message board, he worked very hard behind the scenes to try and combat the trolling that was making the place unbearable. And for that I will always thank him.

I would like to second scsu's suggestion that some of KYLE'S OLDER POSTER THREADS be BROUGHT FORWARD or archived so that they can be viewed by new members, and re-viewed by those of us who were lucky to have seen the AMAZING posters he shared with us on the first go round.

It feels a little as if the heart of this website is missing today.

Wendy

So very sad to hear of the passing of such a very dear person. I've always found Kyle's name (or 'Mr. in Hollywood, as I often liked to call him) to be a welcome sight on here whenever he would post. His comments were very thoughtful, intelligent, and well spoken; and his threads were always very informative (as well as entertaining) But more importanl than all of that.. aside from his wealth of knowledge about classic film and various other related topics... he was also a very courteous, genuine, and truly kind man to know (at least I always found him that way) He will be missed.. not only here on the message board, but I am sure, by all those who knew him well. He was just that kind of guy. God bless his memory, and God bless his family and loved ones as well.

I still can't believe he's gone.

Kyle was always trying to be fair and level headed here on the board, and I was fortunate to meet him as a fellow TCM 15th Anni Guest Programmer. He gave me a big hug when we met, a real gent.

This board is indeed lonelier and at a loss.

My respects and condolences to all who loved him.

april/missg

>I would like to second scsu's suggestion that some of KYLE'S OLDER POSTER THREADS be BROUGHT FORWARD or archived so that they can be viewed by new members, and re-viewed by those of us who were lucky to have seen the AMAZING posters he shared with us on the first go round.

May I third that suggestion :)

This is a fine idea and something that can be done, but I'll need *your* help. If you'll find the specific threads you feel should be archived, I'll move them into a dedicated subforum. These must be threads that are not currently active. The best way to do this is to post, in this thread, the URL link (copied from your browser's URL window) of the thread. Don't just post a thread title, that won't help.

For example, the URL for this thread is

[t-170154]

It will be next week before I can set this up, and hopefully that will give you all time to find your favorite Kyle threads.

Michael

I don't know how to search back further than a year, but wasn't there a Veteran's Day or Memorial Day thread? I know you just said that posting a title wouldn't help, but....

Here are a few:

The Bad Hair Thread

http://forums.tcm.com/message.jspa?messageID=8421788

Still on the Road To Hollywood - Auxiliary Gallery

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=159139&start=60&tstart=0

A Tradition Is Born

http://forums.tcm.com/message.jspa?messageID=8522047

Diorama Artist as a Career Choice?

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=154698&start=75&tstart=0

It is sad to say that some of the images of the original post are no longer available but there are many others which remain.

Hollywood in "The House Of Leyendecker"

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8600539

I hope this helps.

M & Ms – An Auxiliary Gallery

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=156395&tstart=315

The Old Post(er) Road to Hollywood

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=152073&tstart=435

Your Christmas Stocking: an Image Gallery

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=149922&tstart=525

Portraits: A Companion Gallery

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=147881&tstart=570

Oh. I am so sorry to read about this. I always enjoyed his posts and all the cool posters and pictures he used to share with us. My thoughts and condolences go out to his family.