Remembering Kyle in Hollywood

122 posts in this topic

This is such sad news. I always found Kyle thoughtful, passionate, sometimes challenging, always respectful and honest, and incredibly dedicated and knowledgeable. I will miss him.

This thread is a great tribute to the man and what he meant to all of us.

When I first started posting here Kyle was welcoming. Through the years he offered up words of encouragement every now and then that meant a lot to me. He was part of the foundation of this board and it is such a huge loss for our community.

He contributed so much to this place and it is a comfort to know that all his great work will live on here continuing to entertain and inform those who love film and love what this forum is all about.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Larry

When I first joined this board, Kyle was one of the very first people to welcome me with such a warm and inviting manner in 2006. He was such a kind and loving individual with the sweetest manner, not only to me, but every person on here and i'm surely everyone else he had in his life. I hope he knew that he was loved by many many people.

I have and always will consider him one of my dearest friends and part of my family.

Rest in peace darling, Kyle. We all love you! <3

Hi Michael,

I did some digging to try to find some threads from past Programming Challenges that include Kyle's participation. When one looks at the Challenges, it's amazing to see how many ideas have been included in actual TCM schedules since then. The links go to the exact pages where Kyle posted. If you have a hard time opening the #8, try a new browser window.

{font:Helvetica}

Challenge #2, won by Kyle's submitted schedule

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=80124&start=45&tstart=0

Challenge #7- "Back To Basics", won by Kyle's submitted schedule

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=110681&start=30&tstart=0

{size:13px}

Challenge #8-"It's Sinful" created and hosted by Kyle

{font}

*"Perhaps after this thread is no longer active, it can also be moved over to the archived section with Kyle's threads so that future visitors to the forums can more fully understand why his contributions are being preserved." - TopBilled*

I came across this thread again, and see that it's sinking... It would be sad to see this beautiful tribute 'disappear'. Michael, if you have time, maybe you could move this thread to "Kyle's" section...?

I completely agree. Adding this lovely memorial thread to Kyle's archived posts would be wonderful.

I agree with Eugenia and Sue Sue. Adding this thread would be a fitting thing to show how those at the TCM boards remember Kyle.

What a good idea, to move this thread with the other threads (and thank you very much, TCM, for gathering those threads of Kyle's posts).

Kyle would be amazed at the outpouring of affection on his memorial thread. He deserves it, and I hope it brings some comfort to his family.

I wanted to take a moment to voice my support of this thread being archived.

In all the years of the TCM Message Board I believe this is the first time such a suggestion has been made. This speaks not only to the great affection and esteem in which Kyle is held but also the value of his knowledge and insight into classic films.

We lost Kyle it would be a shame if future posters never had access to that knowledge and insight.

Yancey

I wanted to just say thank you to everyone for the kind words and warm remembrances of our beloved friend, Kyle.

The words written here and the sentiments expressed have brought comfort to his family and friends.

I miss him every time I visit the message boards but knowing that I am not alone and how much he touched all our lives helps more than I can say.

Thank you!

I'm very sad to learn of Kyle's passing. He was a gentleman.

Kyle would drop into the Bronxgirl's Mom thread from time to time, and it was always a lovely treat when he did.

EPITAPH ON A FRIEND

by Robert Burns

An honest man here lies at rest,

The friend of man, the friend of truth,

The friend of age, and guide of youth,

Few hearts like his, with virtue warm'd,

Few heads with knowledge so inform'd;

If there's another world, he lives in bliss,

If there is none, he made the best of this.

Barbara

I think that it is wonderful that Kyle is being remembered here in this way. I'm sorry that I have been so out of the loop with what has been going on for most of the Summer. Fell mortified that I knew nothing of this sooner. Very sorry to learn of Kyle's passing. What did he die from, if I may ask? He was always very insightful and I greatly enjoyed reading his posts over the years. My sincere condolences to his family and all who knew the man. He will indeed be missed. God Bless You my friend.

KUDO's to TCM and all his fans and friends who paid tribute to this wonderful and missed friend of classic film.

Oh my gosh...I'm SO sorry to hear of the passing of this wonderful person! I didn't notice this thread or hear anything about this earlier! And I haven't read the entire thread even yet, just shocked to hear of this. I always loved Kyle's posts, he will be missed SO much. Rest in peace, Kyle, my main man.

I've been away from the board since July 3rd, so this is "new" news to me. I very much enjoyed Kyle's threads and posts. They were always interesting and informative. But what I think I will miss most is his friendliness, and his gentle spirit. Thanks, TCMWebAdmin, for creating this forum and archive.

Thank you very much for posting the link to Kyle's intro and outro for MEET JOHN DOE!!! I remember that so well and remember thinking, wow, that's my man Kyle!

His presence is always felt here, though he will be missed, he touched so many folks on this board.

In remembrance of Kyle this holiday:

9381126.jpg

Wish you were here to celebrate with us, Chief.

Rest in peace Mr. Kyle. I did not know you. I am happy to have found out about you. I can only hope when I go to see our Lord one day. I will have such nice remembrances.

lg_A459.jpg

Merry Christmas, Chief!

Missing you and wishing you were here to celebrate with us.

Tomorrow night Peter, Rome, Jon and I will raise a glass and speak of you fondly.

• Like 2

Miss Kyle so much. The board seems so much emptier without his presence. Thanks to those who put together this forum to honor his memory, one of the greatest TCM fans I've ever had the privilege of knowing. RIP, Kyle.

• Like 3

Thank you TCM Message Board Gurus, for getting this part of the board restored. I am glad to see it back again. Was thinking of our dear "Mr. In Hollywood" just the other day and missed getting the chance to look back on some of his older posts here. Thanks again for honoring his memory by continuing to make this a special part of the message board here. 

• Like 4