Remembering Kyle in Hollywood

122 posts in this topic

Thank you TCM Message Board Gurus, for getting this part of the board restored. I am glad to see it back again. Was thinking of our dear "Mr. In Hollywood" just the other day and missed getting the chance to look back on some of his older posts here. Thanks again for honoring his memory by continuing to make this a special part of the message board here. 

Yes indeed.

I do not know about him but,I know he is a regular and a real fan of TCM Message Boards. KIH would be sorely missed.

80c2b3b1-4c32-45f4-aef8-ada6e2ecd575_zps

"And I still miss someone"

A year ago this week our lives were changed when we got the news that had we lost Kyle.

In October, a group of us got together to remember him at the Formosa Cafe here in the City of Angels.

From left to right: filmlover, 15th Anniversary Fan Programmer Rome Mendheim, Genevieve McGillicuddy, Lzcutter, MrCutter, 20th Anniversary Fan Programmer Glen Taranto

We miss you, Chief.

We wish you were still here making us laugh and sharing your knowledge, wisdom and great images with us, but,  in your own way, you are still a part of our lives and always will be.

You are and always will be our friend.

• Like 4

A year already.

Thanks for posting the photo, Lynn, and for the sentiment.

I especially miss his holiday postings. He always came up with the perfect image and sentiment. And when things got rambunctious on the boards, you could always retreat to Kyle's gallery of movie posters to clear your head.

• Like 2

tumblr_lwqtpgXJBF1qbv4q2o6_r1_500.jpg

Merry Christmas, Chief!!

We will raise a toast to you this evening!

• Like 2

Kyle -

Thought about you several times this past week.  I wasn't really able to attend the festival this year though I stopped by and saw all our friends.

The vibe of the festival was different, for me, since RO was unable to attend.  Nothing wonderful lasts for ever. 

As long as we can keep our memories of good friends and good times our hearts will always be full with joyful smiles!

You are missed.

GT aka Yancey Cravat

Chief,

I thought of you often during the TCM FF, especially when we were hanging out in the lobby of the Roosevelt with friends, last weekend.

Glasses were raised to you and we talked fondly about you.

But, no matter how much we may feel your presence, we still miss you.

Thanks for keeping an eye on me from above.

Your friend always-

Lynn aka lzcutter

What's up, Kyle? Things are kind of slow around here lately. Robert is a hot topic - with Sally Field and Essentials and all that. Here in Florida, it's practically full blown summertime already. What's the weather like in your neck-O-the-woods?

Chief,

You are and always will be my friend.

Missing you,

me

Chief,

A group of us gathered last night to celebrate Thanksgiving and drink a toast to you.

Miss you and wish you could have joined us in person though you were with us in spirit.

Norman-Rockwell-Thanksgiving-Pictures.jp

• Like 1

A year ago this week our lives were changed when we got the news that had we lost Kyle.

In October, a group of us got together to remember him at the Formosa Cafe here in the City of Angels.

From left to right: filmlover, 15th Anniversary Fan Programmer Rome Mendheim, Genevieve McGillicuddy, Lzcutter, MrCutter, 20th Anniversary Fan Programmer Glen Taranto

We miss you, Chief.

We wish you were still here making us laugh and sharing your knowledge, wisdom and great images with us, but,  in your own way, you are still a part of our lives and always will be.

I was sorry to read of your friend's loss.  Kyle sounds like he was a great person to know!

• Thanks 1

Kyle... It's that time of year again. I was just doing up the house and wanted to wish you a merry Christmas. You should stop by and see the lights.

ZZkgtzx.png

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas, Chief!

We miss you and as always, will raise a glass to you tonight!

Wishing you were here but knowing you are always with us helps.

429b18938440063cf638ffef5a0e6ff8.jpg

• Thanks 1

Three years ago this week our lives were changed when we got the news that had we lost Kyle.

In October of that year, a group of us got together to remember him at the Formosa Cafe here in the City of Angels.

We miss you, Chief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow, July 16th, will mark five years since we lost Kyle.

I think of you often, Chief, especially when I am excited to share some TCM news.

And then I remember.

I miss you but you are always in my thoughts and we carry your spirit forward with us. Not a holiday or TCM Film Festival goes by that we don't think of you, share our memories and raise a glass in your honor.

Wish you were still here.

Robert and Kyle.jpg

Lynn and Kyle 2 copy copy.jpg

• Like 2