Sign in to follow this  
HoldenIsHere

PSYCHO

243 posts in this topic

..and since then, toilets have been omnipresent on screen.

So then I assume we can all thank Hitchcock for all those home renovation shows now on HGTV, right?! ;)

(...who knew?!...I'll bet neither of those Property Brothers did, let alone that irritating young couple in Orange County CA who flips houses!)

Joseph Calleia is an actor I have always been fond of going back to the 30s.   He should be featured in Summer Under the Stars.

I assume his best known role is in Gilda. 

He's a riot in Deadline at Dawn

I know Joseph Calleia from THE GLASS KEY and TOUCH OF EVIL. 

glas3.jpg

I have this print framed in my bedroom, so the name is ingrained between deep in the recesses of my brain.

I know Joseph Calleia from THE GLASS KEY and TOUCH OF EVIL. 

I have this print framed in my bedroom, so the name is ingrained between deep in the recesses of my brain.

Calleria is also in Public Hero No. 1 (an early Jean Arthur film),   Riffaff (Tracy and Harlow)  Tough Guy (a nice leading part)  After the Thin Man,   Man of the People, Algiers,  Juarez,  Golden Boy,  My Little Chickadee,   Lured,  The Iron Mistress,  and The Caddy.   

• Like 1

Calleria is also in Public Hero No. 1 (an early Jean Arthur film),   Riffaff (Tracy and Harlow)  Tough Guy (a nice leading part)  After the Thin Man,   Man of the People, Algiers,  Juarez,  Golden Boy,  My Little Chickadee,   Lured,  The Iron Mistress,  and The Caddy.   

Yeah, and in THE MONSTER AND THE GIRL too!

(...and which Svengoolie showed a while back, and which was actually much better than I expected it to be)

Joseph Calleia is also in one of my favorite films--the underrated Five Came Back (1939) with Lucille Ball and Chester Morris. Calleia plays the criminal, Vasquez.

BATES MOTEL was so good last night.

I loved in when Norman became "Mother" during his therapy session.

Freddie Highmore is fantastic on this show. A really nicely layered performance.

• Like 2

Freddie Highmore is fantastic on this show. A really nicely layered performance.

Both Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga are fantastic as "Mother."

I love how Farmiga's "Mother" is very different than her "Norma."

• Like 1

"The Bates Hotel" is such an interesting psychological thriller.

Freddie Highmore reminds me so much of Anthony Perkins.

But I have read that they are only doing five seasons.

If so, five seasons that will be treasured.

"The Bates Hotel" is such an interesting psychological thriller.

Freddie Highmore reminds me so much of Anthony Perkins.

But I have read that they are only doing five seasons.

If so, five seasons that will be treasured.

Last year it was announced that BATES MOTEL had been renewed for Season 4 and 5.

While it's possible it could continue beyond that I think the creators feel they can tell the story they want in five seasons.

Norma, of course, will die at some point but Vera Farmiga will remain as "Mother."  

• Like 1

One more episode left of the current season of BATES MOTEL.

It's being advertised as "you have to see it to believe it."

As for last night's episode, even though I knew Norma had to die eventually, it was still hard to take.

• Like 2

One more episode left of the current season of BATES MOTEL.

It's being advertised as "you have to see it to believe it."

As for last night's episode, even though I knew Norma had to die eventually, it was still hard to take.

I read some interviews with the showrunners today, and they're playing it coy as to whether that character is really gone. We shall see next week, but I think if that character were killed this week, they wouldn't be vague about it.

Still a terrific show, and I was very happy to hear that there will be one more full season to wrap everything up.

• Like 1

I read some interviews with the showrunners today, and they're playing it coy as to whether that character is really gone. We shall see next week, but I think if that character were killed this week, they wouldn't be vague about it.

Still a terrific show, and I was very happy to hear that there will be one more full season to wrap everything up.

I love this show but will admit I have missed episodes. I always forget when it is on.

Have they ever mentioned a brother for Norman, since the real prototype for the story even though Robert Bloch denies it, had that brother named Henry, who also seemed to die mysteriously.

I think it would be a great additional plotline for the Bates tale.

• Like 1

I love this show but will admit I have missed episodes. I always forget when it is on.

Have they ever mentioned a brother for Norman, since the real prototype for the story even though Robert Bloch denies it, had that brother named Henry, who also seemed to die mysteriously.

I think it would be a great additional plotline for the Bates tale.

He's had a half-brother, Dylan, (Max Thieriot), for the entire run of the series.

max-thieriot.jpg?w=600

• Like 1

I know Vera Farmiga will remain on the show even after Norma dies because she will still appear as Norman's alter ("Mother").

I guess we'll find out next week if somehow Norma survived.

What did do think of the camera shots moving through the furnace ducts?

• Like 1

I know Vera Farmiga will remain on the show even after Norma dies because she will still appear as Norman's alter ("Mother").

I guess we'll find out next week if somehow Norma survived.

What did do think of the camera shots moving through the furnace ducts?

It was really well done, and the slightly haunted quality of the version of "Mr. Sandman" they used added so much.

• Like 2

He's had a half-brother, Dylan, (Max Thieriot), for the entire run of the series.

max-thieriot.jpg?w=600

Max Theriot is really amazing as Dylan.

The recent scene where he called Caleb was so beautifully done. 

• Like 2

It was really well done, and the slightly haunted quality of the version of "Mr. Sandman" they used added so much.

And let's not forget Norman singing "Pearly Shells" to his mother.

• Like 2

max-thieriot.jpg?w=600

Eddie Gein's real brother was a full brother, and makes a better plot.

What is the fun of killing off a half-brother?

Eddie Gein's real brother was a full brother, and makes a better plot.

What is the fun of killing off a half-brother?

Well, if you've been watching BATES MOTEL, you know that Dylan's parentage makes for a more interesting plot than if he was a full brother.

• Like 1

Well, if you've been watching BATES MOTEL, you know that Dylan's parentage makes for a more interesting plot than if he was a full brother.

It's interesting.

But nothing is as interesting as the true life of Eddie Gein.

I mean, who uses skulls to eat soup from or makes masks of woman's faces and wears them at night while singing and dancing under the moonlight?

It's interesting.

But nothing is as interesting as the true life of Eddie Gein.

I mean, who uses skulls to eat soup from or makes masks of woman's faces and wears them at night while singing and dancing under the moonlight?

That's not interesting; it's just sick.

Since THE BATES MOTEL began on A&E four  years, I haven`t missed a episode. Vera Farmiga is a actress that I really like. Films that I have seen her in are THE DEPARTED, UP IN THE AIR, THE CONJURING Part !, and THE JUDGE. Freddie has the stare of Norman Bates, which helped him get the part. Norma and Norman are excellent as mother and son. I will be crushed if Norma is dead in the last episode.

Norma`s son Dylan has always impressed me. He can tough and gentle with conviction. Since nobody has mentioned his name, Sherrif Alex Romero was heartbreaking in the last scene. Nestor Carbonell who plays Alex was in the cast of LOST which I never watched. Carlton Cruse one of the creates of THE BATES MOTEL was also involved with LOST.

I am happy that the show will return for a fifth season, but Norma will definitely be missed if she doesn`t awaken next Monday. Vera will be on the screen in THE CONJURING 2 in late June.

• Like 2

"Bates Motel" is a first-rate series - dark, brooding and haunting.

It has an exceptional cast, too.

I really responded last night to Norma's fidelity to her son - and her overwhelming need to protect him.

The bed scene in which Norman decides to kill his mother was almost unbearable to watch.

But, in killing her, was he protecting her - or himself?

• Like 1