Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Fox westerns on the Encore Westerns Channel

32 posts in this topic

I used to get the Encore package of channels and my main problem with them was their habit of showing pan and scan versions of widescreen films. When you talk about Fox westerns, you're also talking about ones made during the CinemaScope era. Movies like Broken Lance, Garden of Evil, River of No Return, The Bravados, Warlock, etc.

All those films are butchered by pan and scan when shown on Encore.

I'd rather wait for those to turn up on TCM instead.

As you know, I have been mentioning in this thread Fox westerns that Encore is showing, and they are not all in Cinemascope.

Fox westerns that were made before 1953 that air on Encore are in the standard format. So what you see with THE RETURN OF FRANK JAMES or MY DARLING CLEMENTINE will look exactly the same as it does on TCM.

THE DUCHESS AND THE DIRTWATER FOX, with Goldie Hawn & George Segal, airs on June 6, 7, 12, 29 & 30.

BROKEN ARROW (1950), with James Stewart & Jeff Chandler, airs on July 4, 5, 9, 10, 13 & 14.

WARLOCK (1959), with Richard Widmark & Henry Fonda, airs on July 6, 7 & 15.

1wu.png

WESTERN UNION (1941) is coming to Encore Westerns on December 6th. It is scheduled to be rebroadcast on the 7th, 19th and 20th. The film stars Randolph Scott, Robert Young and Dean Jagger.