Sign in to follow this  
jellygirl0272

Trivia

1,443 posts in this topic

During the making of this film, 2 actress did not get along. Because of all the fighting the male co-star said he woukl never work with the lead actress again. It's a '50's film. Film, 2 actresses and the actor????

Sorry, not them or film

Originally the lead actress wanted a different actress for the other role. Also it's been said trhe lead was jealous of this younger actress.

Thank you.

In one of her movies, this actress cracked two ribs, but didn't mention this and kept on acting anyhow.

Who and in what movie?

Quick and on the mark! Well done, i'll move over so you can take over.

Edited by: Emgee66 on Nov 21, 2013 4:52 AM

Thanks 6

There is a scene in a famous '30's screwball comedy that involves clothing. It's actually based on a real life event that happend to one of stars. Star ? Film? extra points for what happened

Yes, but no extra points. Cary Grant was at the theater, his fly to his pants was open and caught on the dress of a woman who was in front of him. He instinctively followed her to avoid embarrassment. He retold that story to Howard Hawks who used that idea of Cary's real life experience in that hilarious iconic scene with Katharine Hepburn in *Bringing Up Baby* . Your thread (ps- I answered your tv guest star question)

Believe it or not: i was thinking of the scene with Grant in the bathrobe!

Thanks for answering the TV question; it was about to throw some

catchphrases in, but you prevented that.

Point Blank just started, watch it whenever it's on. Yes that's a great scene also.The scene in the restaurant with Hepburn's dress is a riot, but then again so is the whole film. It's on my list of favorite all time comedies.

Good thinking. Emgee your thread

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Nov 24, 2013 5:51 AM

Thank you.

Ginger Rogers was horrified and offended to be offered a role in this movie late in her career, calling it 'filth". ( needless to say, she's not in it)

What is the movie?

Thanks. Yes it is an excellent fim. Ginger Rogers sat behind me at a Young People's Concert at Carnegie Hall when I was in JHS. I was star struck between her and Leonard Bernstein. Good question Emgee :)

Thread Open

Although he was the lead character, this actor got the lowest pay of all the lead actors for his role in this classic movie.

Who in what movie?