Sign in to follow this  
jellygirl0272

Trivia

1,481 posts in this topic

I had a serious thing with Ty Power a few years back, so it just came to me. LOL

Tyrone Power and Linda Darnell at 20th Century Fox

Day-Time Wife

The Mark of Zorro

Brigham Young

Blood and Sand

5 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I had a serious thing with Ty Power a few years back, so it just came to me. LOL

Tyrone Power and Linda Darnell at 20th Century Fox

Day-Time Wife

The Mark of Zorro

Brigham Young

Blood and Sand

Your serious thing could never have been as serious as my SERIOUS thing with my guy TY! :D I've loved him since I was a little girl. 

Linda Darnell and Ty Power tragically both died when they were in their 40's Linda died due to a house fire when she was 41 and Ty died of a heart attack when he was 44. Imo, Ty and Linda separately and together were among the most beautiful stars to ever grace the silver screen. 

The 4 Fox films they made together were Blood and Sand, The Mark of Zorro, Brigham Young and Day Time Wife. 

Both Linda and Ty were not only so beautiful but great actors. Very, very sad.

Good work and good taste in men, Princess. ;) Your thread.hchoose files... Click to choose files

2 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Your serious thing could never have been as serious as my SERIOUS thing with my guy TY! :D I've loved him since I was a little girl. 

Linda Darnell and Ty Power tragically both died when they were in their 40's Linda died due to a house fire when she was 41 and Ty died of a heart attack when he was 44. Imo, Ty and Linda separately and together were among the most beautiful stars to ever grace the silver screen. 

The 4 Fox films they made together were Blood and Sand, The Mark of Zorro, Brigham Young and Day Time Wife. 

Both Linda and Ty were not only so beautiful but great actors. Very, very sad.

Good work and good taste in men, Princess. ;) Your thread.hchoose files... Click to choose files

Thanks, Lav.

You're right about you and Ty --He was just an all consuming fling for me. 

After all, I never ever could give up William Holden for anybody! LOL

On 2/6/2018 at 9:57 AM, Princess of Tap said:

Thanks, Lav.

You're right about you and Ty --He was just an all consuming fling for me. 

After all, I never ever could give up William Holden for anybody! LOL

Can't blame you there, Bill is 3rd on my list. First is Tyrone then Burt Lancaster, then Bill Holden. Gorgeous men. Princess, the thread is yours so your turn to post a question.

This legendary  Golden  Age movie star was famous for a lot of things,  but she was also famous for being virtually her own publicity agent.

However she did have a famous publicity agent who must have collaborated with her a great deal. Since she never had a binding contract at any one Studio, she felt like she had to handle her own publicity.

When you identify her and also named her publicity agent, don't forget to name at least one publicity stunt that she created which is now world famous.

Maybe a hint for this one...it's been 10 days

On 2/10/2018 at 10:55 AM, Princess of Tap said:

This legendary  Golden  Age movie star was famous for a lot of things,  but she was also famous for being virtually her own publicity agent.

However she did have a famous publicity agent who must have collaborated with her a great deal. Since she never had a binding contract at any one Studio, she felt like she had to handle her own publicity.

When you identify her and also named her publicity agent, don't forget to name at least one publicity stunt that she created which is now world famous.

Hint#1-- This actress was famous for publicity stunts and one particular one that she did to a legendary director is still talked about today.

Hint#2-- When the stunt was pulled, she and the director were in the midst of shooting a movie.

This sounds like Carole Lombard.  While making Mr. and Mrs. Smith, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, she had a miniature cattle pen set up on the set because of Hitchcock's remark that actors were like cattle.  There were 3 cows in the pen and they each had the name of one of the stars of the movie emblazoned on them. 

As for her publicity agent, the name of Russell Birdwell is coming to my mind.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

This sounds like Carole Lombard.  While making Mr. and Mrs. Smith, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, she had a miniature cattle pen set up on the set because of Hitchcock's remark that actors were like cattle.  There were 3 cows in the pen and they each had the name of one of the stars of the movie emblazoned on them. 

As for her publicity agent, the name of Russell Birdwell is coming to my mind.

Yes, Yes & Yes--

And those  two other stars would be Robert Montgomery and Gene Raymond.

Carole was a  personal friend of Alfred Hitchcock and his wife Alma. Hitch really wasn't much into screwball comedies, but he made Mr. And Mrs. Smith as a present to Carole.  And it ranks up there with the best ones of the genre.

Star, another great Hollywood Story and another great answer from you.

Star, you're on:

This actor and actress co-starred in two movies released in the same year, both of which were nominated for Best Picture.

Name the actor, actress, and the two movies.

1966-- Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton both co-starred in two nominated films for The Best Picture Academy Award:

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? And The Sand Pebbles.

I'm a bit mystified by your answer, Princess, since The Sand Pebbles starred Steve McQueen and Candice Bergen, not Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.  I'm guessing that you were thinking of 1965's The Sandpiper, which won an Oscar for the Best Song, but wasn't nominated for Best Picture.

Hint:  One of the two nominated films that these co-stars were in actually did win the Oscar for Best Picture.

18 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

I'm a bit mystified by your answer, Princess, since The Sand Pebbles starred Steve McQueen and Candice Bergen, not Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.  I'm guessing that you were thinking of 1965's The Sandpiper, which won an Oscar for the Best Song, but wasn't nominated for Best Picture.

Hint:  One of the two nominated films that these co-stars were in actually did win the Oscar for Best Picture.

William Powell & Myrna Loy?

In 1936 they appeared in The Great Ziegfeld and Libeled Lady together, both of which were nominated for Best Picture, with the former winning.

This actress had been in films from an early age. However, she didn't achieve stardom until years later, when she was tapped to replace a studio's lead musical actress in a new production. The film ended up being one of the biggest hits of that year, and the actress became one of the biggest stars of the decade.

Name the actress, the film that made her a star, and the actress she replaced.

Betty Grable had been kicking around for years when she replaced Alice Faye in Down Argentine Way, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Would this be the answer you were looking for? 

6 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

Betty Grable had been kicking around for years when she replaced Alice Faye in Down Argentine Way, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Would this be the answer you were looking for? 

I thought someone would get that one quickly!

You are correct, StarLitEyes, and the thread is yours. :) 

The final scene of this 1930’s comedy was filmed at the house and property that the star of the film was living in at the time.

Name the star and the movie.

Thanks Star. When I young teen, I thought It's A Gift was the most hilarious film I'd ever seen. It use to be shown on tv on the Early Show in NY. My best friend and I would watch it, call each other on the phone and laugh and laugh. Wonderful film :D

In her memoir, this famous Oscar winning actress said she walked off the set while filming and she had never done that before this. She and the Oscar winning director disagreed about how a line was to be delivered. Actress, director and film ???

I think I would have been stumped for a while on this one if it weren't for the fact that The Letter was on today (not that I had a chance to watch it), but it triggered my memory.

The actress was Bette Davis, the director was William Wyler and the movie was the aforementioned The Letter (another one of my favorites).  The line in contention was "With all my heart, I still love the man I killed!"