Lagamorpha

Stars you find gorgeous but aren't the usual suspects

59 posts in this topic

Patricia Dane

I just watched Life Begins for Andrew Hardy.  What a great movie and a wonderful surprise as well.  Patrician Dane played a part of the siren in the show, and I must admit, she was extremely gorgeous in that role.  I did some research on Wikipedia, and discovered many new things about her.  I will be watching for more and more from Patricia Dane!

Patricia Dane

I just watched Life Begins for Andrew Hardy.  What a great movie and a wonderful surprise as well.  Patrician Dane played a part of the siren in the show, and I must admit, she was extremely gorgeous in that role.  I did some research on Wikipedia, and discovered many new things about her.  I will be watching for more and more from Patricia Dane!

I have to admit that as time goes by, I am more drawn to TCM than almost any other TV entertainment.  I much prefer the "old" movies as they all are simply wonderful.

Thanks TCM.COM!

I LOVE Priscilla Lane.

I'd love to be married to her!

Me to Priscilla:

"Honey, I'm home!"

Her reaction:

8100977549_3a39fec9cb.jpg

My choices:  Marlon Brando, Vic Morrow, James Dean, William Holden, William Lundigan, Dana Andrews, Steve McQueen, James Garner, Glenn Ford, Richard Basehart, Richard Widmark, Montgomery Clift, Paul Newman, Vincent Price, Errol Flynn, Tyrone Power

My choices:  Marlon Brando, Vic Morrow, James Dean, William Holden, William Lundigan, Dana Andrews, Steve McQueen, James Garner, Glenn Ford, Richard Basehart, Richard Widmark, Montgomery Clift, Paul Newman, Vincent Price, Errol Flynn, Tyrone Power

Flynn and Power (and maybe a few more) are not the usual suspects?  

Dennis Farina, William DeVane (in Knots Landing) John Slattery(Mad Men), David Janssen (as brooding Richard Kimble) Chuck Connors, Richard Conte, Ronald Colman - I've had crushes on these guys at one time or another- not the usual suspects

Vincent Price

(the height plus the voice and that sophisticated air just makes him seem very sexy to me)

Rex Ingram

(the actor, not the director. Can you say "dreamboat?")

Arthur Hohl

(I kept seeing his face in a number of films before I was able to match a name to it; one of the few men who actually looks better with a beard)

Fredric March

(I would have married this man)

Leo Genn

(just look at his eyes!)

Ian Hunter

(a bit of a departure for me since I don't go for blondes)

James Edwards

(MASSIVELY underrated)

Robert Ryan

(There's something about that grin)

Herbert Marshall

(why he couldn't seem to keep a wife in the movies is beyond me; I'd take him)

Oh, and I have to add George Sanders and Brian Donlevy. And Robert Earl Jones; in his younger days he was a VERY handsome fellow.