Sign in to follow this  
Miss Spaulding

Question about Age Restrictions

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm hoping to attend the 2014 TCM Film Festival, it would be first time. All along I've been planning on attending with my 17-year-old niece. I understand that you must be at least 18 years of age in order to buy your pass, that's not what I'm confused about. After reviewing some of the 'terms & conditions' I see that there are certain things and events where she might not be allowed admittance, but it doesn't tell me what all of those things and events are. It specifies on a couple things, but then only tells me that there may be other events and such that might refuse her admittance because of her age.

My question is, I need to know everything that she'll be refused admittance to. Because if she's refused admittance, then A) I'll feel badly that she'll be left out, B) she won't be getting her money's worth, and C) I'll have to be left out on the events myself because, as the 24-year-old guardian, I must stay with her at all times.

I'm not complaining, I simply need some clarification on this. So if anyone knows the answers to my questions, please let me know. Thank you!

-Sharon

Hi Sharon-

With a couple of exceptions, the Vanity Fair party has historically been the one festival event restricted to those age 21 and over. However, as the 2014 festival event schedule is still being developed, and will continue to be for the next several months, we can't guarantee there won't be additional events restricted to those 21 and over at this time. That said, your niece will be able to attend the vast majority of exciting festival events and is bound to have a great time.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact the box office directly at filmfestival at tcm.com or at 877-826-5764.

We hope to see you both in Hollywood next April!

-TCM Classic Film Festival

That does help me. :) I'm aware schedules are bound to change and that there might be a few other certain events she might not be able to attend, I was just concerned that we might get there and suddenly find our festival experience very limited due to her being a minor.

But again, this has helped. Thank you very much for getting back to me! :)

-Sharon