Sign in to follow this  
DownGoesFrazier

Retro Trivia

3,847 posts in this topic

Yes. Bert Parks hosted the Miss America Pagaent on TV for 24 years- 1955- 1979 What baby boomer doesn't remember Bert singing - Here She Comes, Miss America LOL- Thanks Terrence. Your thread

Thanks for the compliment Terrence :)

A composer who was not famous then, played the piano for a popular '50's-60's tv theme song. Who's the guy and what tv show ??

Right guy but thinking of another theme song (Mr Lucky is a special favorite of mine) - Mr Lucky I believe was written by Mancini, just adding the info even though has nothing to do with the quesrion.

So now you know it's John Williams, what tv theme song did he play the piano on?

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 29, 2014 1:15 PM

Don't know, maybe, but it's not the one I'm thinking about. There is another very famous theme song, probably more famous than Mr. Lucky and that's the answer I'm looking for.Did you check to see if Williams played the piano for the Mr. Lucky theme song? You still need to get the one I've asked about, either way

LOL- Thanks Miles. Yes the then not so famous John Williams played the piano for the great Peter Gunn theme song. One of the very best theme songs for a tv show ever, or for that matter, a great tune on it's own. It certainly added to the greatness of that show.. btw finance, Henry Mancini also composed the Peter Gunn theme song.

Miles or finance take the thread.

Too bad you weren't on the bds over a month ago when I posted a great Bandstand question. Didn't Dick replace the guy who was arrested for drunk driving who hosted the show?