Sign in to follow this  
DownGoesFrazier

Retro Trivia

4,065 posts in this topic

Horn? I can't do research , but I think that was his name Al Horn, something like that. In the past I've read info on Dick and I think that was the name mentioned. LOL- I happen to know a guy named Al Horn so I may have just come up with that LOL

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 30, 2014 2:39 PM

BOB Horn. There was also a morals charge involving Horn, aside from the drunk driving. They were really looking for an excuse to get rid of him anyway, when the show went national. Your turn.

OH LOL - I figured it was too much of a coincidence but Al popped into my head. Dargo would like the Al Horn I know, he and his wife ride bikes (motorcyles)

Thread Open

Name two black rock and roll/soul artists whose acceptance by white audiences was drastically increased by appearing on the first season of American Bandstand which was televised nationally.

Lucille Ball used her real first name on "I Love Lucy". Name another early '50s sitcom in which the female lead character had the actress' real first name.

There's a film that has a scene that has a character appearing on a tv show that did exist at that time. Film, tv show and extra credit for the uncredited host (in the film) of that show???

TV show scene happens at the end of film. The lead actress was an Oscar winner (for another film) She was nominated for the film I'm asking about. What TV show was she on at the end of the film, what was the film, who's the actress and who was the host of the tv show???????

Thank You- about time. I figured you'd get this one right away!

Last scene of *I'll Cry Tomorrow* - Susan as Lillian Roth walking down a tv studio aisle with the studio audience watching her and Ralph Edwards saying This Is Your Life Lillian Roth

Another baby boomer memory is the hit TV Show This Is Your Life

Your thread.

could you mean Hugh Beaumont (Ward Cleaver in "LIT Beaver" series)

was also licensed to preach by the Methodist church

??