Sign in to follow this  
DownGoesFrazier

Retro Trivia

4,070 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Carol Tyler Brady - The Brady Bunch 

Yes!

Her full name would be Carol Tyler Martin Brady if you include her name from her first marriage.

MilesArcher, you identified the most so it's your turn.    

Here are photos of some TV game show hosts.  Can you identify each man as well as a game show that he hosted?  Some of them hosted more than one game show, but one will suffice.  Some of them were panelists at times on other game shows, but we don't want that.  Just identify the man and one show that he hosted.

1.  Image result for john daly what's my line? 

2.  Image result for garry moore 

3.  Image result for bud collyer 

4.  Image result for bill cullen 

5.  Image result for dennis james game show host 

6.  Related image 

7.  Image result for jack narz game show host 

8.  Image result for jack narz game show host 

9.  Image result for allen ludden game show host 

10.  Image result for hugh downs game show host 

11.  Image result for gene rayburn game show host 

12.  Image result for art james game show host 

13.  Image result for wink martindale game show host 

14.  Image result for art fleming game show host 

15.  Image result for chuck woolery  game show host 

1. John Daly- What's My Line (watched every Sun night)

2. Garry Moore - I've Got A Secret

3. Bud Collyer - To Tell The Truth

4. Bill Cullen - The Price Is Right

9. Allen Ludden - Password

10. Hugh Downs - Concentration

11. Gene Rayburn- Match Game

15. Chuck Woolery - Wheel of Fortune

6) Jack Barry--Dough Re Mi

7)  Jack Narz-- Video Village, Ditto

Eight) Tom Kennedy--You Don't Say

13) Wink Martindale--Trivial Pursuit

14) Art Fleming--Jeopardy

It's easy to see that Lavender and Princess watched a lot of game shows in their formative years.  By the way, Jack Narz and Tom Kennedy were brothers.  Their real name was Narz.  Jack's show was "Dotto", not "Ditto".  Very nice job, ladies.  You got them all.  Lavender got eight to seven for Princess, so Lavender gets the thread.

27 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

It's easy to see that Lavender and Princess watched a lot of game shows in their formative years.  By the way, Jack Narz and Tom Kennedy were brothers.  Their real name was Narz.  Jack's show was "Dotto", not "Ditto".  Very nice job, ladies.  You got them all.  Lavender got eight to seven for Princess, so Lavender gets the thread.

I'll pass to Princess if she wants the thread, if not Thread Open

• Thanks 1

This actress is hard to pigeonhole. You might say she's in a class all by herself.

She appeared on Broadway.

She co-starred on a very popular classic TV series.

She appeared in 2 horror / sci-fi Classics of the 50s.

She was nominated for an Academy Award.

Hint: 2 of her husbands were renowned for their achievements in show business, one on Broadway and one in television.

When you identify this unique actress, don't forget to also name her TV series, one of her movies and at least one of her famous husbands.

just a guess...Carolyn Jones: one of her hubbies was producer Aaron Spelling; on tv, she was best known as Morticia in The Addams Family, got an Oscar nom for The Bachelor Party, and was replaced by a pod in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shutoo said:

just a guess...Carolyn Jones: one of her hubbies was producer Aaron Spelling; on tv, she was best known as Morticia in The Addams Family, got an Oscar nom for The Bachelor Party, and was replaced by a pod in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Well, that was a very good guess!

Even though I was a Munster fan, I always admired the unique qualities of Carolyn Jones as an actress.

Shutoo-- click click-- you're next.....

Thanks Princess:  I watch a lot of older tv shows now (that I didn't see in their original run) and I often spot the same actors in supporting roles over and over...the ones you recognize...but just can't recall their name.  Well, I can't, but maybe you can...here are a few to ID:

1. Richard Erdman has died. The Community, Twilight Zone, and Stalag 17 actor was never better than in 1951's Cry Danger.

2. Willard Waterman- probably his greatest success was in radio as The Great Gildersleeve, but he did some movies and a fair amount of TV work.  I'm one of those who remember him, and his show, on radio.  A good broad-comic actor.

3. Mary LaRoche   "Living Doll"

4. Olan Evart Soule (February 28, 1909 â February 1, 1994) was an American character actor with hundreds of credits in films, radio, commercials, television and animation, most notably as the primary television animation voice of Batman from 1968 to 1984.

5. Edward Platt 1938 Princeton

6. In MEMORY of GEORGE PETRIE on his BIRTHDAY - American radio and television actor. Petrie's film credits include At Sword's Point (1952), Baby Boom (1987), and Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987). Nov 16, 1912 - Nov 16, 1997  (lymphoma)

7. Marjorie Bennett- appeared in Charlie Chaplain's Charles Chaplin's Monsieur Verdoux (1947) and Limelight (1952.  Her career spanned 60 years.

8. James Millhollin Picture

9. John Dehner.

10. Karen Steele

11. In MEMORY of RALPH MANZA on his BIRTHDAY -  character actor who made over 160 appearances in American film and TV shows.  Dec 1, 1921 - Jan 31, 2000  (heart attack)

12. During her long career, actress Francine York (1938 - 2017) appeared in memorable guest roles on "Batman" and "The King of Queens."

12. Joyce Jameson starred in "How To Get Rid of Your Wife" 1963 The Alfred Hitchcock Hour

13. Sidney Clute

14. Adam Williams (actor) - he began his career after distinguished World War II military service as a United States Navy pilot, for which he received the Navy Cross.

15. The Scott Rollins Film and TV Trivia Blog: Bill Zuckert: Over 50 Years of Playing Sheriffs, Judges & Politicians (STAR TREK, PERRY MASON, HANG 'EM HIGH and More)

16. June Vincent

Here are a few:

8.  James Milhollin

12. Joyce Jameson

14. Adam Williams (from "North By Northwest")

• Like 1

Mary La Roche was the mother in that memorable "Twilight Zone" episode called "Living Doll" where a child's doll says things like "I'm going to kill you" to the child's step-father, Telly Savalas.

Image result for mary laroche twilight zone living doll

• Like 1

Miles, since that episode of the Twilight Zone scared me so and still does, I'd rather think of Mary LaRoche as Gidget's mom LOL

\btw- if it helps anyone, I think #13 was a cop on a tv show, he's driving me nuts, can't remember

On 8/30/2019 at 2:29 PM, lavenderblue19 said:

6,10, 11,13,15 and 16 maybe some clues would help, thanks

sorry folks...some oral surgery on Friday has made me seriously lazy.  Let's see...

6. Here's another shot , worked into his 80s...lots of classic tv shows from the early 50s                                           Related image

10. She had nearly 80 roles..most on tv...but she had a sizable co-star part in an Oscar winning best pic in the 50's

11.  here's another pic...again, a whole lot of tv parts spanning nearly 40 years, including spots on some of the biggest sitcoms of the 90s                                                                                        Image result for ralph manza actor

13.  The first picture was early in his career...toward the end of over 150 credits, he looked like this:  Image result for sidney clute

15. Over 200 roles...a lot of cops, military, city official-types; here's another pic:  Image result for bill zuckert actor

16.  She started in small parts in films in the 40's, but the vast amount of over 100 credits were from tv...I probably remember her because she did 5 Perry Mason's  ...she aged pretty well too: 

Related image

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

15 ) Stafford Repp

Nope...yes, he was in uniform on Batman, but he wasn't a regular

9 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

10. is she Karen Steele ? 

Yes..she was Marty's sister-in-law in the '55 film

3 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

#15 is Bill Zuckert

#16 is June Vincent 

Yay , someone got Bill Zuckert!