Sign in to follow this  
DownGoesFrazier

Retro Trivia

4,070 posts in this topic

6,11, and the brunette in 12 are still open. We seem to not be able to identify them, we need more clues, please and Thanks. 6 definitely looks familiar and so does the brunette. 11 isn't Al Molinaro but he does resemble him a bit.

11 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

There are two number twelves.  The blonde is Joyce Jameson.  Are there any clues for the brunette?

I can't believe I didn't notice that...I added an a and b to clarify.  12 a (brunette) eventually went blonde ...and she had credits into her final years...she was on a daytime soap in the 80's as well...here she is as an older blonde:                                Ein weiterer Todesfall erschüttert Hollywood zu Jahresbeginn: Schauspielerin Francine York ist tot. Der einstige Serienstar erlag am 6.

81c667d9f0fc3ae86d10c488dad3f900.jpg

6 It isn't a great pic, but this fellow was in over 50 episodes of an early variety show, doing over 50 different characters for skits...then he appeared in 14 episodes of the very well known 50s sitcom that evolved from that show (as well as the 60's re-incarnation of the variety/comedy show)  His last tv comedy stint was as a recurring character on a popular sitcom/romance in the mid 90's...but he wasn't all laughs---he appeared in over 50 episodes of one of the biggest drama series of the late 70's.

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

11 isn't Al Molinaro but he does resemble him a bit.

11.  he did 3 different characters (7 appearances) on a mid 70's sitcom...here's one of them:                  Image result for ralph manza

one last gasp...

6. here's the whole pic...know him now?  Image result for george petrie honeymooners

11..so you'll know where he was  Image result for ralph manza barney miller

12 a...maybe this setting will help...Image result for francine york

It's time to close this one...the only pic not identified was...Francine York...and I've got to admit, she's a toughie because she had more hair styles/colors/looks over the years than you can imagine (after looking at lots of pics, I stopped counting)..here's another  Related image

Thanks to the usual suspects, MilesArcher, Lavenderblue, and Princess of Tap for guessing...

The thread goes to MilesArcher!

If you were asked "Who played Ethel Mertz on TV?", you would answer Vivian Vance on "I Love Lucy".  Well now you get to identify a lot more character actors and actresses.  Here is a list of characters from some vintage TV shows.  For each one, can you name the actor or actress who portrayed that character, as well as the name of the TV series?  Some will be easy, some not so much.

1.  Bess Lindstrom

2.  Otis Campbell

3.  Penny King

4.  Babs Riley

5.  Jody Davis  

6.  Sgt. Biff O'Hara

7.  Thorny Thornberry

8.  Ken McLaughlin

9.  Jingles

10.  Jane Hathaway

11.  Betty Anderson (50's series)

12.  Betty Anderson (60's series)

13.  Duke Slater

14.  Charlie Wooster

15.  Chatsworth Osborne Jr.

The TV series range from the 1950's to the 1970's.

1. Bess Lindstrom is Lisa Gerritsen- Mary Tyler Moore

2. Otis Campbell is Hal Smith- Andy Griffith Show

3. Penny is Gloria Winters - Sky King

5. Jody Davis is Johnny Whitaker- Family Affair

7. Thorny is Don Defore - Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet

10. Jane Hathaway is Nancy Culp- Beverly Hillbillies

11. Betty Anderson (50's) is Elinor Donahue- Father Knows Best,                                             Betty Anderson (60's) is Barbara Parkins - Peyton Place

15. Chatsworth Osborne Jr was Steve Franken - Many Loves of Dobie Gillis

Very good, Lavender.  We still need #4, 6, 8, 9, 13, and 14.

#6, 8, 9, and 14 were all characters in westerns.  #4 and 13 were sitcom characters.

6) Joe Sawyer--" The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin"

Eight) Johnny Washbrook--" My Friend Flicka"

9) Andy Devine--" The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok"

14) Frank McGrath--"Wagon Train"

Nice job, Princess.  That wraps up the western actors.  Now we still need #4 and #13.

#4 is from a fifties family sitcom that starred two movie veterans as the parents.

#13 is from a sixties sitcom that was a spin-off of another very popular sitcom.

4.  from The Life of Riley, played by Lugene Sanders

13.  from Gomer Pyle, played by Ronnie Schell

Very good, Peebs.  Actually, Gloria Winters played Babs Riley in the first "Life Of Riley" series which lasted less than one season from 1949 to 1950.  Lugene Sanders played Babs from 1953 to 1957.  Gloria Winters  and Lugene Sanders later appeared together as friends on an episode of "Richard Diamond, Private Detective".  Well, that wraps up the question.  Thank you to everyone who participated.    Lavenderblue got nine, Princess got four, and Peebs got two, so Lavenderblue gets to post next.

• Like 1

Thanks Miles. Might as well continue so that more can participate

Please name the actor or actress and the tv show ( 1950's-1970's)

1. Dorothy Baxter

2 .John Monroe

3. Tod Stiles

4. Nancy Lawrence Maitland

5. Det. Adam Flint

6. Det. Les Hart

7. Pepper Anderson

8. Mike Douglas

9. Paul Drake

10. Michael Anthony

11. Cinnamon Carter

12. Adam Troy

13. Tom Lopaka

14. Andamo

15. Kelly Gregg

16. Susie McNamara

17. Rowdy Yates

18. Luke McCoy

19. Linda Williams

20. Dan Farrell

Where did everyone go?  This has been up all day and it's still untouched.  Let me see if I can get it started.

1.  Dorothy Baxter - Whitney Blake on "Hazel".  Curiously, she actually had been named Mrs. Baxter at one time in real life.

2.  Tod Stiles - Martin Milner on "Route 66"

5.  Det. Adam Flint - Paul Burke on "The Naked City"

10. Michael Anthony - Marvin Miller on "The Millionaire".  I always wished he would visit my house.

12. Adam Troy - Gardner McKay on "Adventures In Paradise".  A favorite of Lavender and Princess.

13. Tom Lopaka - Robert Conrad on "Hawaiian Eye"

14. Luke McCoy - There are two of them.  Richard Crenna as Luke and Michael Winkleman as his brother, Little Luke, on "The Real McCoys".

That's enough for now.  How about someone else jumping in?

• Like 1

7.  Police Woman/Angie Dickinson as Pepper Anderson

11.  Mission Impossible/Barbara Bain as Cinnamon Carter

17.  Rawhide/Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates

• Like 1

8. was Tim Considine on My Three Sons

15. was niece played by Noreen Corcoran on Bachelor Father

16. was Ann Sothern as the star of Private Secretary (also known as Susie)

18. was Richard Crenna on The Real McCoys (not to be confused with 'little Luke')

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 6:55 PM, MilesArcher said:

Where did everyone go?  This has been up all day and it's still untouched.  Let me see if I can get it started.

1.  Dorothy Baxter - Whitney Blake on "Hazel".  Curiously, she actually had been named Mrs. Baxter at one time in real life.

2.  Tod Stiles - Martin Milner on "Route 66"

5.  Det. Adam Flint - Paul Burke on "The Naked City"

10. Michael Anthony - Marvin Miller on "The Millionaire".  I always wished he would visit my house.

12. Adam Troy - Gardner McKay on "Adventures In Paradise".  A favorite of Lavender and Princess.

13. Tom Lopaka - Robert Conrad on "Hawaiian Eye"

14. Luke McCoy - There are two of them.  Richard Crenna as Luke and Michael Winkleman as his brother, Little Luke, on "The Real McCoys".

That's enough for now.  How about someone else jumping in?

Thanks Miles 14 isn't Luke McCoy- Richard Crenna, that's 18. All the rest are perfect.

OK, Lavender.  I made a mistake on Luke McCoy's number, but I believe you made one on #4.  The show was "Family" and Meredith Baxter played the oldest daughter of the Lawrence family, who was a divorcee named Nancy Maitland, so her character was Nancy Lawrence Maitland, not Nancy Maitland Lawrence.  Meredith Baxter was the daughter of Whitney Blake, who was Dorothy Baxter in #1.  Confusing?

6. Det. Les Clark - Regis Toomey on "Burke's Law"

14. Andamo - Ross Martin on "Mr. Lucky"

19.  Linda Williams - Little Angela Cartwright on "The Danny Thomas Show"

20. Dan Farrell - Robert Stack on "The Name Of The Game"

• Like 1

Not confusing. Family was a favorite show of mine, in the retype of the names I just did it quickly.I did type Nancy Lawrence Maitland in the original set of clues. Mixing up the numbers is something we've all done at one time or another when there's a long list involved, so I knew what you meant. No biggie. Miles, you got 11, Peebs got 5, Shutoogot 4. Thank You Miles, shutoo and Peebs for playing this round, I appreciate it. Miles, you get the honor of posting another one :)

• Like 1