Sign in to follow this  
DownGoesFrazier

Retro Trivia

4,091 posts in this topic

You got it finance!

I thought Arnold was the star of the show!

:0)

Your thread

Z

Candy that most kids loved and had a catchy tune about the candy sung during comnmercials in the '50's and '60's . It was multi- purpose. You could shake it and it would make noise like the character did in the commercial, and after eating all the candy, you could blow into the box to make more noise. Who remembers this fun candy most of us loved as baby boomers? ( extra bonus points if you name the character that told us about this confection) ?

Sending you some boxes of "Good 'n Plenty" mr 6 LOL of course that's what I was thinking about. Charlie says. Love my Good 'n Plenty. Thanks for posting the site with Charlie singing ;) it's adorable. Your thread fellow Baby Boomer :)

thanks, lavender. Loved that commercial! :D

-what popular, long-running (12 yrs.) family sit-com was originally proposed for The Lennon Sisters ?

Old Yeller was made in 1957

My question said "pre 50's"

But...good guess Miles!

Terrence...You got it.

Yours

Z

This European actress only made a few movies in Hollywood, but they were with high-profile actors. She was also the mistress of an important man in Hollywood, and when it came time to decide on her stage name, the man used a combination of his and his wife's first names. (How's that for keeping it in the family!) Who is she?

This rock and roll/rockabilly artist might have become as famous as, e.g, Chuck Berry, but he was killed in an automobile accident while still in his early twenties. Who was he?