Sign in to follow this  
Chip1961

Do you remember Billy Jack

4 posts in this topic

Yesterday was a sad day for the world and Hollywood. Firstly we lost the original Billy Jack (One Tin Soldier) writer,director,producer Tom Laughlin. Then we lost Sir Peter O'Toole and the starlet Joan Fontaine. The best part in Billy Jack is when he karate kicks the big guy right on the side of his face with his bare foot that was legendary as everyone was telling him watch out for his feet. I saw that about thirty years ago. And it has stood the test of time. Maybe the message sounds dated in a world that lives by the gun so many times. But the Billy Jack movie showed me and still does. How you try to use peace over power and only fight in self defense of yourself and others. Happy & Safe Holidays to one and all!

I also was sad to learn of the passing of Tom Laughlin. I loved his movies, especially "Born Losers." A wonderful story,and featured a terrific performance by Jane Russell, much against the type of character she usually played on the screen.

I also was sad to learn of the passing of Tom Laughlin. I loved his movies, especially "Born Losers." A wonderful story,and featured a terrific performance by Jane Russell, much against the type of character she usually played on the screen.

BORN LOSERS aired earlier this summer on TCM.