ERROL23

You Never Can Tell(1951)

5 posts in this topic

King a german shepherd is the luckiest dog in the world.His owner died and left him six million.Kings keeper Ellen Hathaway(Peggy Dow)is next in line if anything happens to King.
King is poisned and sent to animal Heaven.The Lion King in charge agrees to let King return to find his killer.King is reincarned as Rex Shephard(Dick Powell)a private detective.Sent along with him is Golden Harvest (Joyce Holden)a former champion race horse.Rex doesn't believe Ellen was the killer because she loved him.Perhaps it could be Perry Collins(Charles Drake)an animal hater.
Very Funny Movie.
Good scene when Golden Harvest wants to go to the racetrack to see her granddaughter(Another horse)run.Golden Harvest was a grandmother when she was six.

I'd like to see this comedy.  I think I saw it listed on TCM a number of years ago and I missed it.  I wish they would pick it up again.

That Chuck Berry song bears no relation to this movie, but I love that record.

bOb

Until I read your synopsis of, "YOU NEVER CAN TELL", I thought that I was a one member admiration team who has been in love with this film for an eternity. I was beginning to feel the urge to eat kibble and outrace a city bus because it has been nearly 20 years since I had last seen this imaginative romp through Animal Heaven. I have even placed a ongoing search for this film on my TV's own directory that would have rivaled any of Kings detective work.I even placed a double whammy on the ole' search function when I went and listed another search for that Humanimal, Dick Powell. But, I never so much as got one nibble from either of the searches. Now that I've found you, I'm keeping my third eye out for you.

Until I read your synopsis of, "YOU NEVER CAN TELL", I thought that I was a one member admiration team who has been in love with this film for an eternity. I was beginning to feel the urge to eat kibble and outrace a city bus because it has been nearly 20 years since I had last seen this imaginative romp through Animal Heaven. I have even placed a ongoing search for this film on my TV's own directory that would have rivaled any of Kings detective work.I even placed a double whammy on the ole' search function when I went and listed another search for that Humanimal, Dick Powell. But, I never so much as got one nibble from either of the searches. Now that I've found you, I'm keeping my third eye out for you.