WHAT IS YOU FAVORITE COMEDIAN MINE IS EITHEER

HARPO MARX

GROUCHO MARK

STOOGES

BUT

CHAPLIN

IS THE BEST

WHAT IS YOURS

My favorite comedy legend vote would go to Mel Brooks.

I enjoy his sense of humor, his style and I enjoy alot of his movies. Blazing Saddles,Spaceballs, History of The World,The Producers, Young Frankenstien and so many others.

I love Madeline Kahn , Tim Conway and Harvey Korman (Count De Monet..LOL) as well.

Shania, I think Bob Hope did his legend a real disservice by hanging around for 20 years after he stopped being funny. Those AWFUL "not so specials." "HI. I'm Bob (What am I plugging this week?) Hope." The "Road" pictures, the hysterical "Casanova's Big Night" and "Beau James" (Which I'd LOVE to see again after NOT seeing it for 25 years) is how I'd like to remember Bob. Not some horsecrap "Desert Classic" garbage! Someone should have clued him in that he just wasn't FUNNY anymore aND LET HIM RETIRE.

from Cleveland, who knew Bob before he fell out of that tree and crimped his nose, will probably revile you for saying that but...hey, you have a sound point.

Bob was infamous for going on talk shows in the 1960's, and just plugging his latest enterprise, and then not having to sit on the couch and suffer through the rest of the show, like the other peons who were there to advertise, and acting like he was Gandhi reincarnated. He would walk off as if he had a presidential dinner to attend, but probably was just going to play golf.

If you see the tape of Bob's last appearance as guest host at the Oscars, you can see the tide has changed and the audience is not laughing too much, as they were a bit more revolutionary than the typical old style Hollywood crowd of the 1950's.

On the other hand, to defend Bob...those who were the newfangled comedians of the time, and thought themselves more relevant than Bob, descended to making multiple crappy movies which were formula pabulum, and don't stand up to the Road pictures at all. I shan't mention names, but if you think "Saturday Night Live" for ideas, you shall not be far off the mark.

I look forward to seeing who castigates you for being on Bob's case. Next up...tell us what you really think of Bing Crosby if you dare?

Bing!!? That lousy, orange juice pushing so and so why I...no no no. I actually thought Bob was a show biz great! I only fear that young people having only seen him when he was in his 3 decade unfunny period will think that if they watch his old movies they will just see a younger guy trowling out the same corn. He was a GREAT comedian. NO ONE could make cowardice into a humorous art form like Bob. OMG "Paleface" ... I'm smiling as I type....:)

with the song, "Buttons and Bows"? I love that song...

Oh, so Bing is verboten, but Bob is okay.

I get it now. Supposedly, and I know I can tell you this Slappy and you won't tell anyone, the Urban Legend is that if one wants to find out which starlet was the current favorite of a certain orange juice sloshing star, that they just need to check the casts of the films, and any mostly unknown chick who is in two films in a row, may be the likely culprit. Two movies in a row, and then on to the next one.

I'd feel badly giving this info out, except that the sycophantic practice of Hollywood movie magazine and newspaper columnist type blind items, is still a thriving business and now it is called Hollywood biographies which bring such blind items right out into the open, where they can be ogled...for a heady price mind you.

Unless the star is so boring, that one can't find anything out about their sex life. My guess is, that the more "wholesome" type stars may have been using Errol Flynn types as a scapegoat for their affairs.

You gotta admit though, Bing sounded pretty great on those old Rhythm Boys songs like "Mississippi Mud" and "Can't We Be Friends" and was an incredibly talented vocalist, but he sure could not dance!

In my opinion...that is.

Well, I've always loved Jerry Lewis. His output from 1957-1965 is priceless, imo. I also love Laurel and Hardy and the Marx Brothers.

As a kid my favorites had been the comedy teams: Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, and Martin and Lewis. As an adult it changed to Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers, James Stewart, Jean Arthur, etc, in comedic rolls.