Sign in to follow this  
lanetemple

"BEN BATES....WHERE ARE YOU?"

2 posts in this topic

Maybe someone here can help me out. A friend of mine is planning to write a book about the television show called GUNSMOKE and he would like to know the date of Ben Bates birth. Ben Bates was an actor but also he was James Arness' double on the show from 1970 to 1975. My friend and I have searched for the date of birth but came up empty. By the way, the working title of the book is....CHURCH IS OUT but that is subject to change.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Ah!.....the THRILL of it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the Best!

Lane Temple

Hello MultiEye,

I tried to post my comment on your Thread ...John Wayne...aka The Duke but I was unable to do so, therefore, I will post it here. I really enjoyed your collection and epecially the candid photos of Duke when the cameras were not rolling, i.e. the photos of Duke and Dean Martin and Howard Hawks on the set of Rio Bravo.

There is a rumor that James Arness and Ben Bates visited Duke Wayne at the Red River Land and Cattle Company in Arizona in 1972. Are you aware of the meeting? Do you think at least one photo was taken at that hoedown? I can't believe that the bartender, etc, did not take a few pictures or a local newspaper did not document that meeting.

Anyway, keep up the good work, MultiEye.

All the Best!!

Lane Temple