notwanted

well: how do we feel about forthcoming "new and improved" message boards?

176 posts in this topic

Well my wife would approve of a Mr. Gadget enhancement.

There's a pill for that.

It would appear so.    I just got back from my hike and was thinking about this;  I've decided I'm going to just use Richard since the 4 letter name associated with Richard is a banned word.     e.g.  Nixon was a richard.    

How do we refer to former V.P. D.Cheney?  Richard? Nah, too formal.  What about Darth Cheney? 

I started one in the Stickie Forum. I'll keep adding to it as I find more info!

You might want to add something about this.

Using the MORE REPLY OPTIONS, ATTACHMENT feature, we can pull up a jpg photo from our own computer photo file. When we post it, it shows up as a small thumbnail. When we click on the thumbnail, a large version of the photo appears. We can right click and copy that large photo to our own computer file, and we can right click on Properties and copy its URL address and save that, or go to that URL address to view the photo and we can save the whole photo to our files from that address.

To get rid of the large photo on the thread, click on the large X in the lower right corner of the big photo. Also, we can click on SAVE and go right to the URL address of the photo.

Like this:

Dorothy Lamour, THE HURRICANE, 1937

post-9473-0-35007400-1396834244_thumb.jpg

post-9473-0-35007400-1396834244_thumb.jpg

lz,

More info.

We can go to Tinypic here:

http://tinypic.com/

under: UPLOAD IMAGES AND VIDEOS, click on the URL button, then put the URL of the photo in the URL box.

You can re-size the photo and reduce it in size for posting on the message board.

Like this:

2rzw6rm.jpg

Or this:

2heinht.jpg

So, we finally have a way to get URL addresses for the photos we store in our computers, and we can easily re-size them..

This method may sound complicated at first, but I figured it all out yesterday in a couple of hours, and today it is easy for me to do, and I am 71 years old. :)

I'm back, not that I am usually on here, except to post how the Classic Film Union needs tending to, so in this new form of the new forum, I present the case, now in HD quality.

if_you_cant_fix_it_with_duct_tape_sign_e

So, we finally have a way to get URL addresses for the photos we store in our computers, and we can easily re-size them..

This method may sound complicated at first, but I figured it all out yesterday in a couple of hours, and today it is easy for me to do, and I am 71 years old. :)

Well Fred you helped me.   I was able to resize the picture of James Cagney playing guitar which is the perfect picture for me.   So thanks!

I'm back, not that I am usually on here, except to post how the Classic Film Union needs tending to, so in this new form of the new forum, I present the case, now in HD quality.

if_you_cant_fix_it_with_duct_tape_sign_e

Well since the powers that be were able to devote the funds necessary to update this site,  maybe they will get around to the CFU site.   

• Like 1

JamesJazzGuitar Posted Today, 08:57 PMWell since the powers that be were able to devote the funds necessary to update this site,  maybe they will get around to the CFU site.   

I hope so. I really hope so. It's been more than two years, and a huge effort on the members at the Classic Film Union- it would be nice to see a change come from these years of struggle and persistence. 

Well Fred you helped me.   I was able to resize the picture of James Cagney playing guitar which is the perfect picture for me.   So thanks!

Thanks, I'm glad I could help. :)

Here is what the TinyPic page looks like where people can paste a URL of their photo after posting it on this board as an Attachment, which automatically gives it a URL address as a jpg photo. Like this: (click on Thumbnail, right click on the big photo and look for Properties to get the jpg URL address of the photo).

post-9473-0-74089300-1396920575.jpg

post-9473-0-74089300-1396920575_thumb.jpg

post-9473-0-74089300-1396920575_thumb.jpg

I can see there is no point in associating avatars with names around this place. Some of their frequencies of change are that of a walked dog's path. Even I am doing it (and liking it!).  :P

P.S. I wish the smileys would post where I put them instead of the left margin on the next line down.. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time..  :blink: 

I can see there is no point in associating avatars with names around this place. Some of their frequencies of change are that of a walked dog's path. Even I am doing it (and liking it!).  :P

P.S. I wish the smileys would post where I put them instead of the left margin on the next line down.. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time..  :blink: 

There is another small change that was made.  If one views a topic more than once after a post, the View tally does not increment more than 1 like it use to.

Okay, I was curious if "advanced" membership reflected service time or number of posts. I've been on the board for eight years I think but have barely cleared 200 posts. I couldn't seem to find any other way to find out what my status was without posting.

There is another small change that was made.  If one views a topic more than once after a post, the View tally does not increment more than 1 like it use to.

Ahhh.. Well, I will consider that an improvement. That was not a real technical problem but I never could see the point of tracking inaccurate data - waste of resources.

Okay, I was curious if "advanced" membership reflected service time or number of posts. I've been on the board for eight years I think but have barely cleared 200 posts. I couldn't seem to find any other way to find out what my status was without posting.

Congratulations on joining the advanced club! :D

Ahhh.. Well, I will consider that an improvement. That was not a real technical problem but I never could see the point of tracking inaccurate data - waste of resources.

Like to have fun with a bug in the new system.  Go to the Guy Kibbee or Youtube thread and click on several clips at the same time and listen to the racket though the speakers. :lol:

They need to fix that, if one clicks on the second Youtube link, the previous one will stop.

Like to have fun with a bug in the new system.  Go to the Guy Kibbee or Youtube thread and click on several clips at the same time and listen to the racket though the speakers. :lol:

They need to fix that, if one clicks on the second Youtube link, the previous one will stop.

ham,

If you click on more than one youtube video, just turn the sound or picture off of all the others. Click to stop the others from running or click to turn the sound off on the others.

I want the old boards back. :(

I prefer the old as well, Hibi. Bells and whistles and avatars are fun the first day or two, but I miss the old platform.

Never gonna come back, though. I'm beginning to wonder about some of our membership in that way as well.

I prefer the old as well, Hibi. Bells and whistles and avatars are fun the first day or two, but I miss the old platform.

Never gonna come back, though. I'm beginning to wonder about some of our membership in that way as well.

Yeah, I wonder too. Seems we have even less participating NOW than before. :(

Yeah, I wonder too. Seems we have even less participating NOW than before. :(

The new boards may be great, but if we've lost some of our best posters, what good are they?

• Like 1

The new boards may be great, but if we've lost some of our best posters, what good are they?

I just checked and we've got 14 registered members on the board right now. That is good for a Friday afternoon.

Some old members could not sign on using their old names, so they are here under new names, such as MONGO.

I like the new board. We can show videos, larger still photos, and we can Copy Screen and post that to show people what we are talking about regarding this website.

I think we will get a lot of new members and older ones returning, as time goes by. :) .

We can show videos, larger still photos, and we can Copy Screen and post.

Wish I cared about any of that stuff - then maybe I wouldn't miss the old boards.

Wish I cared about any of that stuff - then maybe I wouldn't miss the old boards.

Even ignoring the bells and whistles, the new boards certainly function more efficiently.