Sign in to follow this  
MovieGal53

Names of Two Films

6 posts in this topic

The first film stars Ginger Rogers and Joel McCrea. They grew up and live in a small town. He works at a gas station and she brings him lunch every day. She's in love with him but he marries someone else.

I can't recall the names of the actors in the second film but it's about a wife going to live on an army or air force base while her husband is in the service. She's either a famous actress or writer.

Would like to purchase these two films so any information in regard to the titles would be greatly appreciated.

The first one sounds like *Chance at Heaven*. (IMDb has a think where you can look for movies that have two particular people in common. That might have helped you.)

The second one is, I think, *Over 21* with Irene Dunne and Alexander Knox.

Fedya,

I have been racking my brain trying to remember the titles. Hopefully they are both on DVD.

Thank you so much for your response.

Are you thinking of "Primrose Path" (1940)? It stars Rogers as the daughter and granddaughter of prostitutes who tries to avoid joining the family business. McCrea plays the man she marries, and he works at a gas station/restaurant. Marjorie Rambeau, who plays Rogers' mother, received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her performance. Rogers was not nominated for this film, but she won that year's Best Actress Oscar for "Kitty Foyle."

• Like 1

Thank you for mentioning Primrose Path.  I will add it to my collection. 

You're welcome! The movie was probably controversial when it was released, but nothing fazed Rogers at the time. She was enjoying a fruitful solo career, as evidenced by her Oscar win.