Swithin

New boards

284 posts in this topic

I tried to change my settings to reverse the order in which the posts are listed in the threads.  I used to have it set as it is in the other forums I belong to.  The OP would be the first post you'd see on the page.  The most recent post would be the last.  I can't seem to get it set like that now.

Sepiatone

Still figuring out the difference between quote and mini quote  :wacko:

They must have seen my old post and restored the old way of posting editing replies.

What happened to the old Hot Topics area? Is that all gone? Old pm's seem to be lost also.

• Like 1

I was "MissGoddess" but the re-registration process locked me out.  I couldn't even view the Message Board to contact an administrator, so had to register under a new name (PappysGirl) and have sent them a message.

However, now I can't even reply to the "FrankGrimes Torture" thread because it says it is a locked thread.  This is one of the most active ones on the board so hopefully they fix that.  This was my fear.  I'm going to try "Rambles II" now and see it that also is "locked", then I will send a PM to one of the moderators (which one is the "main" one or does it matter?  Lynn, I see you listed as an admin...can you help?)

PG formerly MissG

• Like 1

For some reason I can't seem to copy and paste to get a quote into my message. I highlight and copy, but when I attempt to paste what I've copied into the quote box nothing prints there.

I feel for you, Miss G/Pappy! It took me a half dozen tries to get in, then had to change my **** each time. Now it seems I have to log in EVERY time I try to post. This is getting old. I think I'll wait till Monday and see if it's better. :( I dont see any icons to reply to your post......

LOL. Now it seems it censors p--word as there's an a-- in it! WTH?

Hi Hibi, it appears you reply at the bottom of the page "Reply to this Topic" instead of the old method, I think...

Nice to see you made it onto the Ark and survived the flood... Contact a moderator about "Hot Topics."

As for L, you are/were listed as a moderator... Fine by me...

Will take a few days to get things figured all out, I imagine...

Hi, Randy.

That function wasnt working for me for awhile. Where do you reply to a certain poster?. I think I've had it for today. At least I got in! LOL.

Yes, Hibi, looks like I made it onto the Ark as a cat... CU later... Meow ciao...

Randy,

This is news to me. I have no special powers that I am aware of.

Randy,

This is news to me. I have no special powers that I am aware of.

Who is Moderator1-- is it still Michael, or someone else?

I've no idea why, but I was able to log in as Moira12 (a newbie--ha, ha! been posting here since 2003), but what the heck, it's nice to be here and we even get to have avatars now. Good to see you are a moderator/staff member, Lynn!

I am going to have to figure out the My Media option, but it looks pretty easy to post images and it is sort of a thrill just to be here after so many months when I was rejected (boo hoo). 

'Allo, 'allo, 'allo--I see a BBCode button here. How familiar yet amusingly discombobulating...shades of the SSO. Dang! Now I have to learn about it after years of avoiding that pitfall. 

Hope everyone finds their way here soon. 

Cheers,
Moira Finnie

Hi Moira12!  So they wouldn't let you re-activate moirafinnie either???

I wouldn't mind changing my username, but I don't want to lose my history here (us long timers went through too much!).  So I hope they will let me re-activate MissGoddess one day...

• Like 1

Hi Moira12!  So they wouldn't let you re-activate moirafinnie either???

I wouldn't mind changing my ****, but I don't want to lose my history here (us long timers went through too much!).  So I hope they will let me re-activate MissGoddess one day...

I just checked. I searched for you and I found MissGoddesses and it siad that you had posted already today.

Does anyone know the quickest way to go to the original post in a thread?  We used to be able to click on a link that took us there without having to go through all the individual pages.  Has that feature been removed?

Also, the old threads now have 0 views.  My poor Mary Astor thread-- that was such an accomplishment when it reached 1,000 views-- now the ole gal is back to zero!

misswonderly!!

You're here! I'm so glad you found your way in. I responded to you and have been waiting for another message.

Does anyone know the quickest way to go to the original post in a thread?  We used to be able to click on a link that took us there without having to go through all the individual pages.  Has that feature been removed?

Also, the old threads now have 0 views.  My poor Mary Astor thread-- that was such an accomplishment when it reached 1,000 views-- now the ole gal is back to zero!

TB,

At the top of the thread, if it has multiple pages like this one, just click on the last number, in this case #3 and that should take you to the last page so you can scroll down to the OP.

Looks like the OP feature might have been been a Jive software feature that wasn't compatible with the new software.

Just a guess on my part.

TB,

At the top of the thread, if it has multiple pages like this one, just click on the last number, in this case #3 and that should take you to the last page so you can scroll down to the OP.

Looks like the OP feature might have been been a Jive software feature that wasn't compatible with the new software.

Just a guess on my part.

I think you are right about that.  Some of the old threads have 20 pages or more, so it does take a little time going back to the original post.

I think you are right about that.  Some of the old threads have 20 pages or more, so it does take a little time going back to the original post.

TB,

I just went to the "Act of Violence" thread and it has multiple pages. I noticed at the top next to the number of pages, there was a button that looked like this: >>

If you click on that button, it takes you to the final page and you can scroll down to the OP.

That way you don't have to click Next for six or twenty times depending on the number of pages.

But that icon is only there it looks like for threads with more than five pages.

As Lynn (lzcutter) has written, there might be a software issue about this.

I am going to assume you still have me on Ignore still, but in case you do not, maybe a more realistic viewpoint should be the amount of replies one gets to a thread and not the views. I know that it is quite impressive when a thread has recieved 41,000 views or some wildly large figure. I think that the amount of replies is even more important. And it seems that of most of the threads that were kept, the replies to that particular thread was kept as well.

Of the few threads I have started, the one in particular on the Favorites Forum, LISTS is still there. Along with the 77 pages of replies. Now I tried to input page 77 in the "go to" box and on my mac the little round arrow thingy kept spinning. Eventually at 30 seconds another window popped up to say that 30 seconds had been used and that the search had stopped. Or something to that effect.

But then I tried "go to" at five page intervals and that seemed to work. So if you have a thread with over 20 pages, it might take a couple of minutes to back track to the page with the comments on it you are looking for.

Again, I find it more satisfying when a particular thread has a lot of replies than views.

O man, I really hate this (she whined.)

It's just like friggin Facebook now, complete with "likes" or "dislikes". One thing I liked about the old format was it was so different from Facebook.

Also, how do you reply to one person now? I wanted to reply to darkblue, but could find no button to do so.

Is that to avoid "fights", we can no longer respond personally to individuals posters? (Not that I was going to fight with darkblue.)

And even to find the "reply to this thread", I had to scroll to the top.

Whine whine whine I hate this and do not see why it  is better. I don't have time to do a learning curve thing with this.

Whine again. also, %!@&$$@!?*#%! (every conceivable swearword.)

so kick me out...you'd be doing me a favour.

TB,

I just went to the "Act of Violence" thread and it has multiple pages. I noticed at the top next to the number of pages, there was a button that looked like this: >>

If you click on that button, it takes you to the final page and you can scroll down to the OP.

That way you don't have to click Next for six or twenty times depending on the number of pages.

But that icon is only there it looks like for threads with more than five pages.

Thanks so much!  I think many posters will find this information helpful!