Swithin

Favorite Line from Movie

196 posts in this topic

Let's get this thread started again.

"If there's one thing I wouldn't want to be twice, zombies is both of them!"

-- Mantan Moreland in King of the Zombies (last line of movie)

• Like 1

From Now, Voyager (1942)

Charlotte: Jerry, Dr. Jaquith knows about us. When he said I could take Tina, he said you're on probation. Do you know what that means? It means that I'm on probation because of you and me. He allowed this visit as a test. If I can't stand such a test, I'll lose Tina and we'll lose each other. Jerry, please help me.

Jerry: Shall we just have a cigarette on it?

Charlotte: Yes.

Jerry: May I sometimes come here?

Charlotte: Whenever you like. It's your home too. There are people here who love you.

Jerry: To look at you and Tina, and share with you peace and contentment.

Charlotte: Of course. And just think, it won't be for this time only. That is, if you will help me keep what we have. If we both try hard to protect that little strip of territory that is ours. We can talk about your child--

Jerry: --Our child.

Charlotte: Thank you.

Jerry: And will you be happy, Charlotte?

Charlotte: Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars.

Happy to see it here.  

Thank you for posting, Swithin.

I, for one, will not forget Bio47 for starting it way back in the day.  I guess hot topics are repurposed. 

Lorenza: Love is divine.

Count Cagliostro: Fire was divine until Prometheus stole it. Now we use it to boil water.

Formula of Love (1984)

"Don't get up.  Don't smooth anything else out for me.  Don't interfere in any way.  I treat her like a seeing child because I ask her to see.  I expect her to see.  Don't undo what I do!"

Annie Sullivan to Cap'n Keller in THE MIRACLE WORKER

"Mama's little Joyboy want lobster lobster

Mama's little Joyboy want lobster for Mom."

Rod Steiger as Mr. Joyboy in The Loved One.

...at a debate in a high school class...

"So it's like right now for example.  The Haitians need to come to America, but some people are all 'What about the strain on our resources?'  Well, it's like when I had the garden party for my father's birthday, right?  I put RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner.  But some people came that did not RSVP.  I was like totally buggin'.  I had to haul a*s to the kitchen, redistribute the food and squish in some extra place settings.  But at the end of the day it was like the more the merrier.  And if the Government could just get to the kitchen, re-arrange some things, we could certainly party with the Haitians.  And in conclusion, may I remind you it does not say RSVP on the Statue of Liberty.  Thank you very much."

...Alicia Silverstone in Clueless  (1995)  ;)

Lois Lane, falling from the top of the Daily Planet building and her first encounter with Superman.  He catches her in mid-fall and says, "Don't worry miss, I've got you."  Lois Lane looks at him, then looks down and says, "You got me!  Who's got you!"

Cracks me up.

Aw, it just ain't the same.  If they can dredge up It's a Dog's Life, why can't they do the same for Favorite Line From a Movie?

• Like 1

I agree with that, slaytof.  One of the things I appreciated about using this topic before the change was that you could click onto "reply to this thread", and the heading would show that you were responding to the user who started it -- Bio47.  It kept his username alive.

• Like 2

I agree with that, slaytof.  One of the things I appreciated about using this topic before the change was that you could click onto "reply to this thread", and the heading would show that you were responding to the user who started it -- Bio47.  It kept his username alive.

Just wanted to say, anyone who shows the wisdom of agreeing with me, I'll like their post.

• Like 1

"That girl used to wash my clothes."

Anthony Adverse (Gale Sondergaard to Claude Rains, in the audience of the Paris Opera, talking about Olivia de Havilland, who is singing on stage.)

On Bio47's Thread: B)

"Would it be all right if I could see him, talk to him?"

"Why sure, Joey.  Just uh, let me have that gun."

"Never mind."

...Michele Carrey and Robert Mitchum in El Dorado (1966)

Bio42's Thread

"I don't like this, Tony.  I'm the oldest, and I was stepped over.

"It's the way Pop wanted it."

"It's not the way I wanted it!  I'm smart.  I could run things."

"You're a psychotic lunatic."

"And I deserve respect for that!"

...Billy Burke and Jay Mohr in Jane Austin's Mafia!  (1998)

Crazy Credits from the same film:  If you had left the theater when these credits started,  you'd be home by now.

• Like 1

Bio47's Thread

"Rosamond's  been dead for seven years."

"...Two months and eighteen days.  I never liked her much."

"You counted the days?"

"I made the numbers up."

...Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn in The Lion in Winter

And, seasonally appropriate, Hepburn again:

"In a world where carpenters are resurrected, Love, anything can happen."

Bio47's Thread

"It's none of your business how many missions those men are flying.  Your business is to think up some snappy prayers that'll get me into the Saturday Evening Post!"

...Martin Balsam to Tony Perkins in Catch-22

Tralfamadorian speaker: We know how the world ends and it has nothing to do with Earth, except that it gets wiped out too. 

Billy Pilgrim: Really? How does it end? 

Tralfamadorian speaker: While we're experimenting with new fuels, a Tralfamadorian test pilot panics, presses the wrong button, and the whole universe disappears. 

Billy Pilgrim: But you have to stop him. If you know this, can't you keep the pilot from pressing ... 

Tralfamadorian speaker: He has always pressed it, and he always will. We have always let him, and we always will let him. The moment is structured that way.

-- Slaughterhouse-Five (1972)

Two from Broadcast News:

Peter Hackes: It must be nice to always believe you know better, to always think you're the smartest person in the room.

Holly Hunter:  No. It's awful.

William Hurt: What do you do when your real life exceeds your dreams?

Albert Brooks: Keep it to yourself.

Bio47's Thread

Re-installed from before the changed format:

"When I die, I want my epitaph to read 'Here lies Abe Polin, King of the Extras.  19th man to yell 'I'm Spartacus!' "

...Alan King in Memories of Me

Bio47's Thread

"Here's my bill.  Pay it, or use it to wipe the pablum off your chin."

"I'll pay it."

"Don't make me no nevermind.  I'm just in it for the sport.  I'm gonna give you a rule of thumb.  Follow it and you just might hang on to this ranch of yours.  All big money crimes are inside jobs.  Takin' fingerprints and sendin' stuff off to the lab don't get 'er done.  You're dealin' with people, you gotta be human."

...Slim Picken's and Clifton James in Rancho Deluxe (1975)

"You're so wise, and so clever, but I know something that would kill you, if you knew!"

--  Gale Sondergaard to Claude Rains, Anthony Adverse (1936)

"The greatest gift any man can bring to a woman is his innocence, which he can only give once."  

-- Bella Darvi (Nefer, the Wh ore of Babylon) to Edmund Purdom (Sinuhe) in The Egyptian (1954).

belladarvibluenailpolishtheegyptian.jpg

"What we've got here is failure to communicate" as spoken by Strother Martin and Paul Newman in "Cool Hand Luke" is the first to come to mind.