Sign in to follow this  
MultiEye

John Wayne AKA "The Duke"

39 posts in this topic

Who's got a good "Duke" collection??? Post what you can. Here's my Duke collection. (Just to make this clear, the picture of the JW pocket watch is not my photo, I just have the watch. I have a box for the watch that I believe came with the original pocket watch.)

51Hg6jdVfnL.jpg51IpwNdzUjL._SY300_.jpgThe%2BSearchers.jpg51W81KJH13L.jpg51sbqSc4rKL.jpg

MWSLV-PCC_DVD_Front_Amry.jpg\$T2eC16V,%21zoE9s5ne+-eBR592Ld94%21~~_32883929331307.jpgfm_pw_legend-2.jpg

• Like 1

Hi! I remember watching some John Wayne movies as a child. My Grandfather loved the Duke. I recently purchased a bunch his movies on VHS. Some I've never seen and some I saw many years ago. Anyway, I enjoyed every movie I watched so far. I'm thinking of starting a collection on dvd. John Wayne is excellent and I enjoy his films very much! I'm a 50yr. old woman who loves action movies and westerns. Lifetime movies/ Hallmark movies are too boring for me. I guess growing up with all brothers had an effect on me. Anyway, getting back to the Duke, not only was he a Great actor but he was also a very handsome man! I would like to know which movies his fans consider his best. Thanks!   

• Like 2

Hi! I remember watching some John Wayne movies as a child. My Grandfather loved the Duke. I recently purchased a bunch his movies on VHS. Some I've never seen and some I saw many years ago. Anyway, I enjoyed every movie I watched so far. I'm thinking of starting a collection on dvd. John Wayne is excellent and I enjoy his films very much! I'm a 50yr. old woman who loves action movies and westerns. Lifetime movies/ Hallmark movies are too boring for me. I guess growing up with all brothers had an effect on me. Anyway, getting back to the Duke, not only was he a Great actor but he was also a very handsome man! I would like to know which movies his fans consider his best. Thanks!   

A good place to start is the "John Wayne/John Ford Collection". Some of his best with Ford. The one pictured below "Tall in the Saddle" is a wonderful western with real chemistry between Wayne and Ella Raines. A lot of sexual tension for a "B" Western in the 1940's. To bad they didn't make more together. I prefer this to "Angel and the Badman" which is a real good one also. His films with Howard Hawks "Red River", "Rio Bravo" and "Hatari" are great fun.  Check out "Reap the Wild Wind" and "Wake of the Red Witch". Just a few to start your collection..

• Like 1

Thanks Fred! The JW/John Ford Collection is on my list of must gets! I have Red River on tape. I did not watch it yet. Maybe tonight. I never saw Tall in the Saddle either but it's another one that I have on tape and will watch soon! Thanks again!