Sign in to follow this  
MultiEye

GORGEOUS WOMEN OF THE SILVER SCREEN

317 posts in this topic

Thanks so much for posting these exquisite photographs, just stunning.

You're very much welcome. The true beauty of Hollywood isn't the performance, it's the stunning beauties that attracted audieneces to go watch the film no matter what it was about. There's plenty more to post here as it is only the beginning. Thanks for the positive feedback.

You're very much welcome. The true beauty of Hollywood isn't the performance, it's the stunning beauties that attracted audieneces to go watch the film no matter what it was about. There's plenty more to post here as it is only the beginning. Thanks for the positive feedback.

I believe the photographers of the time had a lot to do with the glamor that ooze from the still photos of the time.   Photographers like Hurrell, Richee, Bachrach, Sinclair Bull and others.    These photographers can make the girl next store look like a movie star.  

I have the books Hollywood Glamor Portraits and Movie-Star Portraits of the Forties, both edited by John Kobal.     If these books are available I highly recommend them.

• Like 1

I believe the photographers of the time had a lot to do with the glamor that ooze from the still photos of the time.   Photographers like Hurrell, Richee, Bachrach, Sinclair Bull and others.    These photographers can make the girl next store look like a movie star.  

I have the books Hollywood Glamor Portraits and Movie-Star Portraits of the Forties, both edited by John Kobal.     If these books are available I highly recommend them.

So let it be, but at least what the photogrpahers had to work with was "REAL" & not a computer creation that makes the girl that lives down in the gutter look like Madonna or whatever. All that's good for is the $$$ they make & maybe the eye appeal. What those photogrpahers had & worked with was "TRUE" beauty in my eye, & maybe a little makeup or lighting tricks would help, but I bet if we tried that today, more than half of em would wanna be photoshoped. Sad But True my friends. I'm not trying to put a damper on the new beauties of today like Megan Fox & so on, but even those chicks look like hell off camera, anorexic, bummin' around & no class (some that I've seen). I've always been a fan of classic film & I'm just voicing my opinion of what I see on both sides. And I might add, that I'll take Bette Davis, Yvonne De Carlo, & young Joan Crawford ANY DAY, TIME or PLACE rather than any computer bull they try to throw in your face everywhere you turn & try & conince me that what they're trying to sell me is their definition of true beauty. SORRY, I'M NOT BUYIN'!!! lol

:)  Loved those photos of Lauren Bacall in the HTMAM.  When I was thirteen I had a charcoal gray dress with sheer white sleeves which some boy smeared with lipstick and ruined.  Three years later I first saw the film and there was Lauren in an adult version of the dress and a dream was born.   I'll never look the way she did in it but it's one of my favorite films.  I think it's also Marilyn Monroe's funniest performance.  

P.S.  Please identify the ladies' pics when you post.  I'm not certain who they all are and they deserve to be known.  

:)  Loved those photos of Lauren Bacall in the HTMAM.  When I was thirteen I had a charcoal gray dress with sheer white sleeves which some boy smeared with lipstick and ruined.  Three years later I first saw the film and there was Lauren in an adult version of the dress and a dream was born.   I'll never look the way she did in it but it's one of my favorite films.  I think it's also Marilyn Monroe's funniest performance.  

P.S.  Please identify the ladies' pics when you post.  I'm not certain who they all are and they deserve to be known.  

I'll try to if I can, & thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm a young buck in my 20's & seeing those stunningly gorgeous ladies today is kind of a bummer when all the young good lookin' chicks of my time already have kids & are married by 21 or just plain & simple have no class or brains at all. But this world has plenty of fish out there swimmin' around, just gotta spot the right fish as all of em look & sound the same, I'll spot the one that's different from all the rest. But enough about me, as for the photo's, if you look at the bottom left when you click on them, some will have a name. I'll do my best in the near future & thanks again for the positive feedback. :)

6010_1.jpg

This is quite a different look for Lana than I am used to seeing. I like this much better.

• Like 1

This is quite a different look for Lana than I am used to seeing. I like this much better.

As do I, can't get any better than a little leg action am I wrong??? lol

Ok. I'm real partial to this one, too. I prefer her softer looking side - girl next door, ya know?

aw5egp.jpg

• Like 1

Lana Turner in the early half of the 40s was at her most gorgeous. And all the sexy stills of her in negligees,.etc. are what made her one of the top pinups during WW2. Later in the 40s and in the 50s,, she looked harder in photos, if still beautiful. But in films she still came across as more youthful than the stills; maybe it was that sexy voice and those sexy dimples.

Jjg: Yvonne DeCarlo had a decent film career; some 15 years in starring roles. She might not have done a whole lot of "prestigious" films, but she excelled in what was required of her, duskily beautiful in the mostly technicolored adventure programmers she made mostly for Universal..

Keep it up. How about some shots of other beauties of the era, i.e. Gene Tierney, Linda Darnell, Maureen O'Hara, Maria Montezuma, etc.

Lana Turner in the early half of the 40s was at her most gorgeous. And all the sexy stills of her in negligees,.etc. are what made her one of the top pinups during WW2. Later in the 40s and in the 50s,, she looked harder in photos, if still beautiful. But in films she still came across as more youthful than the stills; maybe it was that sexy voice and those sexy dimples.

Jjg: Yvonne DeCarlo had a decent film career; some 15 years in starring roles. She might not have done a whole lot of "prestigious" films, but she excelled in what was required of her, duskily beautiful in the mostly technicolored adventure programmers she made mostly for Universal..

Keep it up. How about some shots of other beauties of the era, i.e. Gene Tierney, Linda Darnell, Maureen O'Hara, Maria Montezuma, etc.

This is only the beginning. It's whatever I come across whenever I have the time to search & post. Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I shall continue to do my best sharing these great pics with the TCM nation.

This is only the beginning. It's whatever I come across whenever I have the time to search & post. Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I shall continue to do my best sharing these great pics with the TCM nation.

You're killing me!!  You're killing me!!  My old bulging eyeballs, trembling limbs, and irregular heart beat from viewing these divine beauties will be the death of me!!  Keep 'em coming!!  Please!