Sign in to follow this  
MultiEye

GORGEOUS WOMEN OF THE SILVER SCREEN

317 posts in this topic

Yes. Thank you, MultiEye - great pics

I think this one is my favorite Paulette.. I'm in love with her smile and those eyes.

35bbcba.jpg

• Like 1

Yes. Thank you, MultiEye - great pics

I think this one is my favorite Paulette.. I'm in love with her smile and those eyes.

I couldn't agree more. I know they say "Bette Davis Eyes", but I think they should also say "Paulette Goddard Eyes" & the rest of her too. Haha I guess they don't cause it's way more than her eye's that seal's the deal for me. Arguably one of the most underrated actress' of her time. Right now she's my favorite discovery in classic film that I've ever made. The world will never see another one like her. You can't compare her to anyone, she's in a leauge all by herself in my book.

Paulette-Goddard-Feet-593182.jpg

I agree that Paulette Goddard was onee of the great beauties of her day, and a seriously underrated actress. Too bad not too many of her films are shown on TCM, since she was under contract to Paramount during her heyday. Back in the day, AMC used to air many of her films. One of the essential stars of the 40s..

• Like 1

I agree that Paulette Goddard was onee of the great beauties of her day, and a seriously underrated actress. Too bad not too many of her films are shown on TCM, since she was under contract to Paramount during her heyday. Back in the day, AMC used to air many of her films. One of the essential stars of the 40s..

I agree, I mean how the hell could anyone not give her the recognition she deserves. I suppose it's up to me to take care of that in some creative way. Too bad TCM never replies back to contact questions cause over the past few years online whenever I ask TCM an important or easy question for them to answer, I get zilch' everytime. So can't really rely on them there, but as they say...if you make a loud enough noise, you're almost guaranteed to get some feedback & leave an impression. That's what Miss Goddard did & that's what I'm gonna do for her.

I think that the image of the woman in the short gingham dress is not Olivia deHavilland, but an early image of Lucille Ball.

I think that the image of the woman in the short gingham dress is not Olivia deHavilland, but an early image of Lucille Ball.

You're correct that the picture is Lucille Ball and not Olivia.   How do I know?   Well Olivia didn't do farm work! ;)

• Like 1

dolores moran.    :)

great thread young man!

My great-grandma's name was Dolores. She didn't in any way come close to this beauty, but I was very fortunate enough to know & appreciate my great-grandmother for some time, where I learned alot of classic films from. I really give her credit for the person that I am today, & I just wanna say thank's to all the positive feedback I've been getting on all my posts. If it weren't for my fellow TCM friends & fans, it makes me proud to spend my free time learning & sharing what I like & so on. From Bette Davis, to John Wayne & Johnny Cash, I'll keep on doing what I do. Much appreciated to all.

317-hollywood.jpg

Proof positive that Elizabeth Taylor was one of THE greatest beauties, and a knockout build to boot. Thanks and keep it up.

• Like 1

When hubby sees these older movies, he says, "They don't build 'em like that anymore."  Makes you wonder why "thigh gap" is supposed to be the new beautiful.

My great-grandma's name was Dolores. She didn't in any way come close to this beauty, but I was very fortunate enough to know & appreciate my great-grandmother for some time, where I learned alot of classic films from. I really give her credit for the person that I am today, & I just wanna say thank's to all the positive feedback I've been getting on all my posts. If it weren't for my fellow TCM friends & fans, it makes me proud to spend my free time learning & sharing what I like & so on. From Bette Davis, to John Wayne & Johnny Cash, I'll keep on doing what I do. Much appreciated to all.317-hollywood.jpg

My grandmother was also (Maria) Dolores, but was known as Doña Lola by most people, or Nana Lola by the grandkids. She was a loving matriarch, everything a grandmother should be. She's been gone over 30 years but I still miss her terribly.

• Like 1

My grandmother was also (Maria) Dolores, but was known as Doña Lola by most people, or Nana Lola by the grandkids. She was a loving matriarch, everything a grandmother should be. She's been gone over 30 years but I still miss her terribly.

Such a typical 'for the masses' picture of studio-era movie stars with Monroe, Dean,  and Audrey Hepburn right up front.

I'm surprised the picture has Shirley Maclaine instead of Garbo or Harlow.   Also, no Stanwyck.   That will not sit well with many at this forum!

• Like 1

Such a typical 'for the masses' picture of studio-era movie stars with Monroe, Dean,  and Audrey Hepburn right up front.

I'm surprised the picture has Shirley Maclaine instead of Garbo or Harlow.   Also, no Stanwyck.   That will not sit well with many at this forum!

Well I'd figure I'd get the ones I like out of the way first as I'm still discovering & researching new faces. Shirley Maclaine & all the rest of the "co-stars" get second in my book. All the one's I've posted is not a plan, it's whatever I come across or feel like when I post. This is still the beginning for this form, as I'm sure all your favorite actress' will be here one way or another over time. I can only do so much with the time I spend doing it. This is a free time thing for me, considering I work full time all week double shifts. So if anyone has any complaints on why so & so ain't here, just be patient, keep checking this thread, thanks to everyone who has done so & given me great feedback, but untill then that's all I gotta say on that matter. Nothing personal to those not posted yet.

Mine has been gone almost 10, & it really doens't feel like it. My great-grandma was a sweet, strict, classy italian woman, & although I only have so much italian in me, I'm like the U.N. (United Nations for those who don't follow). Scottish, Native American, Italian, French-Canadian-Indian, Dutch, German, & of course AMERICAN!!! haha But enough about me, what's funny about what you said about "Nana" is that my Dolores we called "Noni". Somewhat similar, thanks for sharing. :)

In honor of this being my "500th" post, I shall chose a few of my favorites from the history of this thread.
carole+lombard.+002.jpgyvonne-de-carlo2.jpg?w=558large.jpgpost-37737-1281118339.jpgyvonne-de-carlo-1347515414_b.jpg600full-paulette-goddard.jpg600full-paulette-goddard.jpg1-norma-shearer-1930s-everett.jpg