mr6666

TCM Premieres

1,361 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

I think it's just because February is when they show the Oscar films so there will be many repeats. The other months, they have been very good with premieres. 

Yes, but the month in question (discussed in the posts above) is April.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

Yes, but the month in question (discussed in the posts above) is April.

Ah okay, the post above his was about February so I got confused. Yeah, less April premieres. Hope it doesn't keep up. As for the TCM wine ads and everything, I think the income was supposed to come from the ad space allotted and not the actual products themselves. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Gershwin fan said:

As for the TCM wine ads and everything, I think the income was supposed to come from the ad space allotted and not the actual products themselves. 

The TCM Wine Club pays TCM for ad space? I wouldn't think there would be ad costs as they're the same company.

• Confused 1

On 1/30/2019 at 6:11 PM, LawrenceA said:

The TCM Wine Club pays TCM for ad space? I wouldn't think there would be ad costs as they're the same company.

We belong to the TCM wine club and it is actually through Laithwaite's Wines.   They are their own wine distribution company and they run a ton of different clubs you can join...one of them being the TCM wine club.   They are their own website and all.  So I'm sure that has to have something to do with the advertising.  Maybe???

• Thanks 1

As pointed out by TikiSoo in the February schedule thread, the scheduled premiere of The Madness of King George (1994) on Feb. 9 has been replaced with Calamity Jane (1953) (not a premiere).

The sad list of February premieres that I posted previously has been updated.

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

As pointed out by TikiSoo in the February schedule thread, the scheduled premiere of The Madness of King George (1994) on Feb. 9 has been replaced with Calamity Jane (1953) (not a premiere).

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

On 2/3/2019 at 1:54 AM, cmovieviewer said:

One of the few films in Feb. I was looking forward to watching! :(

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

later tonight, 2-9

12:00 AM (ET)
B/W - 109 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif
Nine to Five (1980)

Synopsis:  Recently divorced Judy Bernly takes an office job and soon becomes pals with fellow secretaries Violet Newstead and Doralee Rhodes. Their boss is male chauvinist Franklin Hart Jr., who is trying to land Doralee in bed. While smoking pot one night the women hatch a plan to take revenge on their cruel boss.
DirColin Higgins CastJane Fonda , Dolly Parton , Lily Tomlin , Dabney Coleman

" 9 to 5 is number 74 on the American Film Institute's "100 Funniest Movies"[4] and has an 82% approval rating on review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_to_5_(film)#Accolades

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mr6666 said:

While smoking pot one night the women hatch a plan

I love how marijuana is depicted in 70's-90's American movies.

• Haha 1