mr6666

TCM Premieres

1,533 posts in this topic

tonight 9-2 for                             Disney Vault Treasures....

(times ET)

8:00 PM

Fun and Fancy Free ( 1947)

Dir William Morgan Cast Edgar Bergen , Dinah Shore , Luana Patten .

BW- 73 mins, CC,

9:30 PM

Donald's Tire Trouble ( 1943)

Dir Dick Lundy

BW- 7 mins, CC,

11:45 PM

Happiest Millionaire ( 1967)

Dir Norman Tokar Cast Fred MacMurray , Tommy Steele , Greer Garson .

BW- 168 mins, CC,

2:45 AM

Art of Skiing, The ( 1941)

Dir Jack Kinney

BW- 8 mins, CC,

2:55 AM

Snowball Express ( 1972)

Dir Norman Tokar Cast Dean Jones , Nancy Olson , Harry Morgan .

BW- 94 mins, CC,

4:45 AM

Hockey Champ, The ( 1939)

Dir Jack King

BW- 7 mins, CC,

5:15 AM

Misadventures of Merlin Jones, The ( 1964)

Dir Robert Stevenson Cast Tommy Kirk , Annette Funicello , Leon Ames .

BW- 91 mins, CC,

(**click titles for info)

late Sat., 9-7

3:30 AM (ET)
B/W - 88 m

TV-14

Synopsis:  A Mexican bandit teams up with a band of renegade Native Americans to avenge his older brothers when they are killed by a prankster, gold-obsessed bounty hunter.

DirSergio Corbucci CastAndrea Aureli , Ettore Manni , Franco DeRosa .

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060563/reviews?ref_=tt_ql_3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-sorry for late post  :(  ......

earlier today 9-6

11:00 AM (ET)
C - 84 m

(funny my DTV schedule listed this as a Nazi Holocaust doc.
narrated  by Orson Welles and Elizabeth Taylor ) :blink:

horror
Genocide (1968)

Synopsis: The insects of the Earth rise up against humanity in this horror film.

DirKazui Nihonmatsu CastKeisuke Sonoi , Yusuke Kawazu , Emi Shindo .

".... Genocide tears a page from Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds (1963) before going wildly off the rails in its second act, dragging into the mix a missing hydrogen bomb, the coldblooded response of the American military complex, a beautiful but hopelessly deranged Holocaust survivor in cahoots with Eastern bloc spies, and insects sharing a single purpose to annihilate mankind before mankind can destroy the planet ..."

see: http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/822106/Genocide/articles.html

(sounds like fun.......maybe it'll be ON DEMAND) :unsure:

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

funny my DTV schedule listed this as a Nazi Holocaust doc.

Welcome to my world.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Sun., 9-7 for                          STARRING CAROL LYNLEY    (coincidental memorial tribute) :huh:

(times ET)

10:00 PM
B/W - 89 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif
Blue Denim (1959)

Synopsis:  A teenage girl gets pregnant by her boyfriend and together they decide to get an abortion. Their parents find out and try to convince them to marry and keep the child.

" In the original stage version, Janet does have her pregnancy aborted, and she and Arthur talk it over later as they settle their feelings for each other. When the play was adapted for Hollywood, however, strict production codes forbade anything but the condemnation of abortion, so the storyline was changed....."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Denim

DirPhilip Dunne CastCarol Lynley , Brandon de Wilde , MacDonald Carey .

LEONARD MALTIN REVIEW:    

😧 Philip Dunne. Carol Lynley, Brandon de Wilde, Macdonald Carey, Marsha Hunt, Warren Berlinger, Roberta Shore.

"De Wilde and Lynley are striking as teenagers faced with Carol's pregnancy. Dated and naive, but well-acted adaptation of Broadway play."    CinemaScope.

=====================================================

later Sun. for                            TCM Imports...........

2:30 AM
B/W - 90 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif

Synopsis:  filmmakers travel up and down Thailand interviewing people from all walks of life and feeding them an interrupted storyline which they are asked to finish.

DirApichatpong Weerasethakul CastDuangja Hiransri , Kongkeirt Komsiri , Somsri Pinyopol .

"....Because its experimental nature falls outside the mainstream of Thai cinema, Mysterious Object at Noon received little attention in the director's native country. However, through film festival screenings overseas, the film gained positive notice from film critics.

"Mr. Weerasethakul's film is like a piece of chamber music slowly, deftly expanding into a full symphonic movement; to watch it is to enter a fugue state that has the music and rhythms of another culture. It's really a movie that requires listening, reminding us that the medium did become talking pictures at one point," said Elvis Mitchell in The New York Times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysterious_Object_at_Noon

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 3:15 PM, mr6666 said:

-sorry for late post  :(  ......

earlier today 9-6

11:00 AM (ET)
C - 84 m

(funny my DTV schedule listed this as a Nazi Holocaust doc.

horror
Genocide (1968)

Synopsis: The insects of the Earth rise up against humanity in this horror film.

DirKazui Nihonmatsu CastKeisuke Sonoi , Yusuke Kawazu , Emi Shindo .

".... Genocide tears a page from Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds (1963) before going wildly off the rails in its second act, dragging into the mix a missing hydrogen bomb, the coldblooded response of the American military complex, a beautiful but hopelessly deranged Holocaust survivor in cahoots with Eastern bloc spies, and insects sharing a single purpose to annihilate mankind before mankind can destroy the planet ..."

see: http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/822106/Genocide/articles.html

(sounds like fun.......maybe it'll be ON DEMAND) :unsure:

Yes, it is available on demand. For the record, my TV listed it as the 1981 Orson Welles documentary on the Holocaust but it is the 68 horror film and is listed on demand as such.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, mr6666 said:

Sun., 9-7 for                          STARRING CAROL LYNLEY    (coincidental memorial tribute) :huh:

(times ET)

10:00 PM
B/W - 89 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif
Blue Denim (1959)

Synopsis:  A teenage girl gets pregnant by her boyfriend and together they decide to get an abortion. Their parents find out and try to convince them to marry and keep the child.

" In the original stage version, Janet does have her pregnancy aborted, and she and Arthur talk it over later as they settle their feelings for each other. When the play was adapted for Hollywood, however, strict production codes forbade anything but the condemnation of abortion, so the storyline was changed....."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Denim

DirPhilip Dunne CastCarol Lynley , Brandon de Wilde , MacDonald Carey .

LEONARD MALTIN REVIEW:    

😧 Philip Dunne. Carol Lynley, Brandon de Wilde, Macdonald Carey, Marsha Hunt, Warren Berlinger, Roberta Shore.

"De Wilde and Lynley are striking as teenagers faced with Carol's pregnancy. Dated and naive, but well-acted adaptation of Broadway play."    CinemaScope.

=====================================================

later Sun. for                            TCM Imports...........

2:30 AM
B/W - 90 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif

Synopsis:  filmmakers travel up and down Thailand interviewing people from all walks of life and feeding them an interrupted storyline which they are asked to finish.

DirApichatpong Weerasethakul CastDuangja Hiransri , Kongkeirt Komsiri , Somsri Pinyopol .

"....Because its experimental nature falls outside the mainstream of Thai cinema, Mysterious Object at Noon received little attention in the director's native country. However, through film festival screenings overseas, the film gained positive notice from film critics.

"Mr. Weerasethakul's film is like a piece of chamber music slowly, deftly expanding into a full symphonic movement; to watch it is to enter a fugue state that has the music and rhythms of another culture. It's really a movie that requires listening, reminding us that the medium did become talking pictures at one point," said Elvis Mitchell in The New York Times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysterious_Object_at_Noon

Sunday bump.......

Thurs., 9-12 for                          Special Theme:  James Bond....

(times ET)

On Her Majesty's Secret Service ( 1969)

Dir Peter Hunt Cast George Lazenby , Diana Rigg , Telly Savalas .

BW- 142 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

12:45 AM

Live and Let Die ( 1973)

Dir Guy Hamilton Cast Roger Moore , Clifton James , Yaphet Kotto .

BW- 122 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

3:00 AM

Man with the Golden Gun, The ( 1974)

Dir Guy Hamilton Cast Maud Adams , Roger Moore , Herve Villechaize .

BW- 125 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

52 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Diamonds Are Forever is omitted above!

They apparently showed it twice already in 2009-05, along with You Only Live Twice.

Oh, I thought they were posting the schedule. Forgot what thread I was on!

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2019 at 8:24 PM, mr6666 said:

Sunday bump.......

I liked the experimental style and cinematography of the film but the plot was certainly not that riveting.

late Fri., 9-13 for                         Underground II........

4:15 AM (ET)
B/W - 98 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif
Witchboard (1987)

Synopsis: A young woman becomes obsessed with a spirit she contacted through a ouija board

DirKevin Tenney CastTodd Allen , Tawny Kitaen , Stephen Nichols .

"For folks who like their scares straight and their movies without much else, Witchboard provides exactly that."[11] Henry Edgar of the Virginia Daily Press called the film "almost funny by accident," also writing: "There's nothing very good in Witchboard, though the film as a unit is so awful it unintentionally qualifies as a comedy by taking itself so seriously you can't help laughing."[ ....

see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchboard

;)

• Like 1

I'm surprised there's no mention of "That's My Boy" which TCM premiered last night in prime time. It's a rare 1932 Columbia film that may have never been on television before. The star of the film, Richard Cromwell, reminds me of Leonardo DiCaprio.

4 hours ago, midnight08 said:

I'm surprised there's no mention of "That's My Boy" which TCM premiered last night in prime time. It's a rare 1932 Columbia film that may have never been on television before. The star of the film, Richard Cromwell, reminds me of Leonardo DiCaprio.

I don't verify every single data point posted here, but I'll generally look into something if there seems to be a discrepancy among other viewers.  It did show up in my machine-generated reports, that is as far as I take it.  I have several different measures to make sure it is accurately entered, then whatever comes out is whatever comes out:
http://www.moviecollectoroh.com/reports/Future_Premieres.htm

6 hours ago, midnight08 said:

sorry about that....... :(

it was on MC's list

my mistake......

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

late Sun., 9-15 for                         TCM Imports.....

(times ET)

2:00 AM

Emitai ( 1971)

Set during World War II, a group of Diola women lead a rebellion against French seizures of men and rice for the war effort.

Dir Ousmane Sembene Cast Ousmane Camara , Robert Fontaine , Andongo Diabon .

BW- 101 mins,

".... Sembène’s nuanced touch, one that would run through his later films, has the utmost regard for the customs, but he doesn’t discount the pragmatism Djimenko represents. These are complex times, compounded by the silence of the gods. Djimenko feels his hands were forced by the inaction of the gods. ..."

see: https://thebrokencliche.com/2017/01/22/film-review-ousmane-sembenes-emitai/

4:00 AM

Ceddo ( 1977)

Set in the 17th century, the kidnapping of a proud African princess becomes the catalyst in a power struggle involving guardians of tradition, missionaries, and slave traders.

Dir Ousmane Sembene Cast Tabara Ndiaye , Moustapha Yade , Ismaila Diagne .

BW- 117 mins,

"...... the village in the film is an exemplary microcosm of African (or at least West African) society in the throes of a crucial transition brought about by external pressures, and internal greed, ambition and dissension, so the time-span of the film (approximately a day and a half) offers an exemplary survey of two or more centuries of West African history. ...."

see: http://sensesofcinema.com/2004/cteq/ceddo/

• Like 1

Tues., 9-17

5:45 PM (ET)
B/W - 72 m

TV-G

genre_NONE_expanded.gif

Synopsis:  A retired sheriff and his former partner find themselves on opposite sides of the law when local ranchers feud over valuable railroad property.

DirPaul Landres CastGeorge Montgomery , Randy Stuart , Gregg Barton .

LEONARD MALTIN REVIEW:    

😧 Paul Landres. George Montgomery, Randy Stuart, Gregg Barton, Kim Charney, Susan Cummings.

"Quiet oater involving land-hungry ranchers trying to outfox the railroad. CinemaScope."

Thurs.,9-19 for                          TCM Special Theme:  James Bond......

(times ET)

Spy who Loved Me, The ( 1977)

Dir Lewis Gilbert Cast Roger Moore , Barbara Bach , Curt Jurgens .

BW- 126 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

10:15 PM

Moonraker ( 1979)

Dir Lewis Gilbert Cast Roger Moore , Lois Chiles , Richard Kiel .

BW- 126 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

12:30 AM

For Your Eyes Only ( 1981)

Dir John Glen Cast Roger Moore , Lynn-Holly Johnson , Carole Bouquet .

BW- 128 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

3:00 AM

Octopussy ( 1983)

Dir John Glen Cast Roger Moore , Louis Jourdan , Maud Adams .

BW- 131 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

5:15 AM

View to a Kill, A ( 1985)

Dir John Glen Cast Roger Moore , Christopher Walken , Grace Jones .

Too bad Octop-ssy is on so late, I've always liked that one!

fri., 9-20 for                         TCM Spotlight: college football.....

12:15 AM
B/W - 92 m

TV-G

genre_NONE_expanded.gif

Synopsis:  the fictional story of a 55-year-old widower named Hal Norman who returns to OSU to get his diploma and fulfill his dream of rejoining the college football team as a specialty place kicker.

DirHarold Cornsweet CastEarl Keyes , Ray Troha , Al Raymond .

see:  http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/88095/Return-to-Campus/articles.html

late Sun., 9-22 for                             TCM Imports II.....

3:45 AM (ET)
B/W - 127 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif

Synopsis:  Julio comes to Manila to find his girlfriend, who was essentially bartered into sex work by her mother back in their southern island village. Julio follows the scant clues he has, finding his girl but meeting tragedy in a way that converts his quest into a mission of vengeance, ....

DirLino Brocka CastHilda Koronel , Rafael Roco , Lou Salvador .

".... Brocka's Manila in the Claws of Light (1975). Recognized worldwide, then and now, as the preeminent Filipino film, this gritty, proletariat melodrama is neo-New Wave through and through, low-budget and technically amateurish and proud of it, wearing its class warfare bona fides on its sleeve ..."

see:  http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/491407/Manila-in-the-Claws-of-Light/articles.html

tonight 9-23 for                   DISABILITY IN THE MOVIES .....

8:00 PM (ET)
B/W - 97 m

genre_NONE_expanded.gif

Synopsis:  looks at the broad range of Hollywood's treatment of the "other," placing depictions of disability within the context of the big and small screen's treatments of race, gender and sexual orientation. ...... . In addition, the documentary considers the stereotypes that have developed about people with disabilities on screen: the noble innocent, the bitter recluse, the sympathetic suicide. ......

DirJenni Gold

"CinemAbility is the most entertaining comprehensive history of disability in American film and television ever made." ......

see TCM article: http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/2193794/CinemAbility-The-Art-of-Inclusion/articles.html

• Like 1

Thurs., 9-26 for                     TCM SPECIAL THEME: JAMES BOND .......

(times ET)

Living Daylights, The ( 1987)

Dir John Glen Cast Timothy Dalton , Maryam D'Abo , Joe Don Baker .

10:30 PM

Licence to Kill ( 1989)

Dir Arthur Wooster Cast Timothy Dalton , Carey Lowell , Robert Davi .

BW- 133 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

1:00 AM

Goldeneye ( 1995)

Dir Martin Campbell Cast Pierce Brosnan , Judi Dench , Famke Janssen .

BW- 130 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

3:30 AM

Tomorrow Never Dies ( 1997)

Dir Roger Spottiswoode Cast Pierce Brosnan , Jonathan Pryce , Teri Hatcher .

BW- 119 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

5:30 AM

World Is Not Enough, The ( 1999)

Dir Michael Apted Cast Pierce Brosnan , Sophie Marceau , Robert Carlyle .

BW- 128 mins, CC, Letterbox Format