Sign in to follow this  
tsimmons

Help me find a movie !!!

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking for the title of a film, I saw years ago.....All I remember is it was a story of a murder found by some kids, there are no adults in the movie, the part I remember the most, is when they are outside a kitchen window talking about the adults in the house and they always reference a outing them cooking a turkey and when they heard the shot... Can anyone help me ?

Stand By Me directed by Carl Reiner is about a group of young boys that find a body.

You meant Rob Reiner!

You meant Rob Reiner!

But there is no murder in Stand By Me.  

Spoiler Alert!

A young boy in Castle Rock has gone missing. Vern (Jerry O'Connell) overhears Ace (Keifer Sutherland) telling his gang (including Vern's older brother)  about finding the kid's body. Vern goes to his friends (Gordie, Chris and Teddy) and asks them if they wanted to go see "a dead body". It's Labor Day weekend, so they decide why not.

The boys hike to where the body is. The dead kid was  hit by a train. and Ace and his gang ultimately show up and want to take the body. They want a reward for finding the body. Gordie (Will Wheaton) fires a gun, calls Ace a "a cheap dime store hood" and tells everyone that no one will get credit, they (he and his buddies) will call in anonymous tip about where to find the body.

Also, don't remember there being a turkey story in the film. There's the pie story but don't remember a turkey story.