MultiEye

Autograph's You Have or Want

23 posts in this topic

This thread is for anyone who wants to share their autograph's they either have or wish they had. I have a few & will try to upload what I have. So far I have Bela Lugosi Jr.'s, Yoko Ono, Ozzy Osbourne, Rudy Sarzo, Neil Fallon (CLUTCH - Rock Band), & some New England Patriots. In the meantime here's some autograph's I "WISH" I had.
152301142_o.jpgJohnWayneSPAlexAutoMysinger.jpgDean_Martin_autograph_colorize_by_ajax19lauren%20bacall%20auto%20photo.jpgKarloffautographedphotoFrankenstein.jpgHoward-Hughes1.jpgLon-Chaney-Sr-Rare-Photograph-Signed-815clint_eastwood.jpgCPG1.jpgGarnerMaverick.jpg

One autograph I wanted was from Olivia DeHavilland.    I have a 1949 Time where she is on the cover for The Snake Pit.   I was in Paris for 2 weeks and I did go to the place where she lived but after waiting outside for a few minutes I felt like a stalker.    

One autograph I wanted was from Olivia DeHavilland.    I have a 1949 Time where she is on the cover for The Snake Pit.   I was in Paris for 2 weeks and I did go to the place where she lived but after waiting outside for a few minutes I felt like a stalker.    

Ayyy at least it was definitely worth a shot. That's cool, that's an autograph worth getting right there.

olivia.jpgOlivia-de-Havilland.jpg

10517795_1.jpg?v=8CDCEEEE05DF42010100480_1.jpg?v=8CD6E4126EBDFB0dDUTtAe1yvZOjwN.jpg2a24d48c1a15501c541cf875be673beb.jpg10192758_1.jpg?v=8CD8A7B43465040104398.JPG

A beautiful lady even as Lily Munster!  Yvonne was very talented and could play humorous roles as well as serious in Sea Devils and Flame of the Islands.

I was in Paris for 2 weeks and I did go to the place where she lived but after waiting outside for a few minutes I felt like a stalker.    

I stood outside Louise Brooks' apartment as a teen for hours, whenever finding myself downtown. I just wanted a glimpse of her, I was 15-19. When she died, I'll never forget the feeling that I missed my chance.

I do have autographs from:

Gloria Swanson

Janet Gaynor

Mel Tormé

Yma Sumac

William Shatner

Robert Mitchum

Joanne Woodward

Debbie Reynolds

Electric Light Orchestra

Fleetwood Mac

Jethro Tull

Harry Chapin

MST3K Mads!

I don't believe in "buying" autographs. Mine are mostly from those I've actually met and I ask them to write "to Susan" which everyone does.

My brother gave me his Robert Mitchum, which he requested from Mitch in the 70's. I had purchased a photo for my brother of his favorite Mitch movie and when he took it from the envelope, it was signed by Mitch on the back! It certainly looked the same.

My Janet Gaynor was found in the Salvation Army! It has a COA on it from MGM Studios.

Sadly, I never met my first love William Shatner...the autographed Capt. Kirk photo was a gift.

• Like 1

How much is a signed by Elvis  high school year book worth?

An authentic one sold at heritage auction for $3250.00

Where do you get these autographs from? And how do you know if they're authentic or forged?

I'm sure you have found the answer to this by now but just in case;  The ones you get In Person are the best ones BUT don't necessarily trust someone saying they got it in person.   EBay is the worse place as they have more forgeries and non authentic ones on the planet. As a former member of their fraud unit it goes without saying that well over 80% are fakes.  They aren't the only ones as the list goes on and on.  Even reputable places screw up so always make sure you check the "guarantee".  You have to do your own homework or trust places that have extensive exemplars.  Will those places be 100% - not a chance.  But, if you have to trust,  trust but verify.