Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

Screenshot!

1,517 posts in this topic

:)

You don't need question marks.. You got it! Thank you!

Lady of Burlesque (1943)

Is that the old guy from the BIG SLEEP?

No. It's this guy. Recognize him..?

30swuwy.jpg

Total guess, haven't seen the film in a few years but I keep thinking that's it's Another Thin Man.Seen so many of C Aubrey's films, they're all mooshed up at this point.LOL

Total guess, haven't seen the film in a few years but I keep thinking that's it's Another Thin Man.Seen so many of C Aubrey's films, they're all mooshed up at this point.LOL

Hi lavender,

You have the correct actor.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, the second pic has nothing to do with the first one. It was just to offer a clearer image of the same actor.

The film we're looking for (first photo) has C. Aubrey Smith in a wheelchair just a few years earlier than Another The Thin Man.

This was supposed to be a "futuristic" film, such as with that modern electric wheelchair. But the thing was almost as big as a golf cart! Actual modern ones are much more compact.

:lol:

We're probably the only two paying attention to this who are old enough to know the answer

Oh so that shovel looking handle C Aubrey Smith is holding is really what steers the wheelchair! No wonder the film didn't look familiar,haven't seen it but a film I've always wanted to see. 1935 THE TUNNEL ( btw Kid, that doesn't mean I'm admitting to be as old as you and Fred, esp Fred) LOL :D

:lol:

LOL! Thanks, lavender!

29eq2hc.jpg

FredCDobbs, on 30 Apr 2014 - 6:22 PM, said:

This was supposed to be a "futuristic" film, such as with that modern electric wheelchair. But the thing was almost as big as a golf cart! Actual modern ones are much more compact.

I was researching 50cc scooters and state regulations for road use. I had to wade through motorized scooters, mopeds, gas powered bicycles.. and.. guess what popped up? Electric mobile wheelchairs. These are legal to "drive" on our sidewalks, street crossings and some streets - those with a 25mph or less posted limit. Go figure..

Next up. These are Cary Grant's legs in a 30s film - What film ?

2z6fgw0.jpg