Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

Screenshot!

1,517 posts in this topic

I didn't use fred's clue. My computer isn't cooperating with me doing a lo of research, but I do remember that THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER has all the credits written on what looks like a wooden rectangle sign

Strange thing, my mind does some searches automatically and very quickly, like the “rustic” clue. That had to have something to do with a ranch or a farm or a camp or a state park or some place in a country setting.

I often have trouble remembering still frames from films I’ve seen, but the Hitch Hiker still through me off because the main car in most of the movie was a black sedan. Finally I decided that maybe the car in the still photo was a different one and only in the film briefly.

It looked like a Dodge convertible to me, somewhere between 1947 and 1954, so I did a film/car search and it kept turning up Dodge convertible, but not that particular still frame. Finally I did a YouTube search for that film, and there it was. But that took about 3 hours. I wasted a lot of time searching the movie DETOUR, which had a white convertible in it. I think it was a 1941 Lincoln Continental Convertible, with spotlights.

:)

i021765.jpg

Another.. Screenshot # 1 - shortly after opening credits - can you name this film

2d0i0x3.jpg

Looks familiar. :)

"Ok, camera 3.. closer.." annndd screenshot # 4 - can you name this film

w00zew.jpg

:lol:

Maybe someone will catch your clue and put us out of our misery - LOL!

Had i seen the one of them carrying JJ I would have been positive,(that one makes it obvious) I thought it might be GMMD from the photo you posted before that, a couple of hrs after seeing that photo the film occurred to me. At any rate, i think it's silly that fred just didn't post GOOD MORNING MISS DOVE. You know that it's a FOX film, so many here probably haven't seen the film in years and years. Too bad TCM doesn't show this beautiful film.

That one was difficult. I don’t remember ever hearing anything about that film. :)

I got the first car placed somewhere in the mid to late 1950s, and the old car in the 1920s, perhaps a Packard with an oval rear window. The school kids at their desks looked like a similar scene in Imitation of Life, 1959, but.... different kids, different desks.

So I figured it was a film about someone like a teacher, or a student growing up, or several people in their lives from the 1920s through the late 1950s, but I am not familiar with that particular film, and that is why it took so long.

One of my doctors tells me that working on puzzles like this is good for old brains. Sitting and doing nothing is bad for old brains. :)

Was about to shut off computer, saw your post watching WhyWorry right now (love Harold Lloyd) so 'll type fast. GMMD is a lovely film. JJ is teaching her class as I recall she becomes ill (she's elderly) and taken to hospital. It's told in flashback. Memories of hers and her former students. When i first saw the photo I used the same reasoning about the car and the 1950's then the 1920's car.But a lot oing on here so if i don't recognize the film from the photos i give up since my computer is not cooperating with research. Exercising your brain certainly is good medicine and preventive medicine. Check out youtube and see if GMMD is there. It's a lovely film. Use to watch it as a kid, it was shown a lot on tv in NY. I think I've seen it twice in the last 40 years on tv. Time to get back to Harold :) Good job,fred

Thank you, lavender! Good work to you AND Fred! Good Morning, Miss Dove (1955)

The full film is on YouTube for your viewing pleasure

2n6grv9.jpg

Lav & Kid:

If I don’t keep my obsessiveness under control, I could spend days and days just working on one puzzle, and that is often a waste of time and very upsetting if someone else guesses the title first.

I kept hoping that Kid would post just one picture that had some really good clues in it, but finally, for me, it was a little in each of his photos.

Finally, that last photo showed an old sick lady teacher and some school ground equipment (plus the earlier classroom). So, on IMDB I searched for Keywords: “female teacher” and sub-searched for the key number 195 (for the decade of the 1950s), and the correct title came up second on the list.

A lot of people don’t realize that they can use Google, then a sub-search engine at a website, then a sub-sub-search, such as the decade. That uses three search engines at the same time and it gave me the answer right away.

The hard part is coming up with exactly the right keywords.

:)

All I know so far is that design seems to be called an early 19th Century Steam Yacht.

That gets you another peek - screenshot # 2 - can you name this film

ncegd5.jpg

I never would have guessed it if you had not posted that second photo, because there are so many old movies with steam yachts in them.

I think the two masts are for sails, for emergencies in case the steam engine goes out.

Thank you, lavender! Thank you, Fred! - It Happened One Night (1934)

b4i70x.jpg

Well..... are we going to have to humiliate ourselves and get down on our knees

and beg for the next clue?

Sorry.. I was attending graduation ceremonies today. Ok, here goes..

Did you recognize the rather large prop in the first screenshot?

screenshot # 2 - can you name this film

2chrx3p.jpg