Sign in to follow this  
bhryun

movie title

4 posts in this topic

i need the title of a british made movie about a family off on a yacht picnic who get stranded on a desert island where the butler becomes the lord by being the most capable, i think it was color late 50/early 60's. also who was the soft shoe or tap dancing girl who looked like she was skating or floating because her upper body remained so calm while her feet went a hundred miles an hour. the movie i saw with my family as a child, the girl i saw on tmc ad of clips

as it is about a butler who takes charge when his dimwitted Lord of the Manor has no idea what to do in an emergency.

This was made into a British film in 1957, from the J.M. Barrie play and stars Kenneth More, Sean Connery's ex-wife, Diane Cilento, Sally Ann Howes, Cecil Parker and Martita Hunt.

Maybe you could request it as a possible movie for TCM?

I'm assuming your second question is not about someone from the same movie, so I might venture as a guess perhaps Eleanor Powell, who seemed to me to dance ramrod straight, but there are others who it could be also.

Maybe someone else has some ideas on that...

according to Times review this movie was released in US as Paradise Lagoon but i can not find it in normal American mkts, so far, anyone know where else i might look