Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

Trivia for the other 98% of us

735 posts in this topic

Hellooooo TheGayDivorcee..

Oh, my turn--sorry all!

Which limber-limbed actress played the aunt of sisters looking for wealthy husbands in a vacation spot in Florida?

Oh, my turn--sorry all!

Which limber-limbed actress played the aunt of sisters looking for wealthy husbands in a vacation spot in Florida?

does she do a scene on a dance floor lifting her leg straight up so high her ankles touch her ears?

does she do a scene on a dance floor lifting her leg straight up so high her ankles touch her ears?

She does indeed.

She does indeed.

betty grable movie? ohhh i dont think i ever knew her name. (never cared for that bit. borders on the grotesque for me.)

if no one gets it by lunchtime tomorrow i'll ask mr google.

betty grable movie? ohhh i dont think i ever knew her name. (never cared for that bit. borders on the grotesque for me.)

if no one gets it by lunchtime tomorrow i'll ask mr google.

Yes.  And it does hurt to watch that dancing!  

• Like 1

Charlotte Greenwood. The 1st movie was MOON OVER MIAMI with Betty, 2nd movie is DANGEROUS WHEN WET with Esther.

You are not one of the other 98% of us. You can't play.

Charlotte Greenwood. The 1st movie was MOON OVER MIAMI with Betty, 2nd movie is DANGEROUS WHEN WET with Esther.Y

Yes, on all counts!

You are not one of the other 98% of us. You can't play.

And YOU are correct.  Private joke between you and lavendarblue19?  Still absorbing it all!

And YOU are correct.  Private joke between you and lavendarblue19?  Still absorbing it all!

She may know more about classic films than anyone on these boards.

She may know more about classic films than anyone on these boards.

Oh, I see, a two percent-er.  How I'm in awe of that!

Thank You finance. That's quite an overstatement but very kind and generous of you to say :)

I could probably name quite a few posters on the bds. that know much more about classic film. Books,listening to the intros and outros RO and Ben and guests share, hanging out on the bds and just watching tons and tons of films makes a 2%'er.

Here's a question about a film that I believe RO shared some info about

This film had last minute cast changes, so the leading man had no time to teach and go over routines with the leading lady. She had to learn it all on her own and in a hurry. Who were the 2 and what film???

Here's a question about a film that I believe RO shared some info about

This film had last minute cast changes, so the leading man had no time to teach and go over routines with the leading lady. She had to learn it all on her own and in a hurry. Who were the 2 and what film???

Was this Royal Wedding (1951) - Fred  Astaire & Jane Powell ?

Fred had taught the previous dancers their routines and by the time Jane arrived, he had no time left - she was on her own.. and did a terrific job!

Hey Tingler, you are 100% correct :) ROYAL WEDDING, Fred Astaire and Jane Powell

Jane did a terrific job. The routine How can You Say You Love Me, When You Know You're a Dirty Rotten Liar, is great. Very vaudeville, like A Couple of Swells Judy an Fred did in Easter Parade. First June Allyson dropped out due to pregnancy, then Judy was fired so Jane Powell took the role. A very talented lady. Thanks and it's your turn

:)

A tingling we will go ♫

Robert De Niro lived in Paris for three months, eating at the finest restaurants in order to gain sufficient weight to portray a real life celebrity after his retirement.

Can you name this celebrity ?

Alright, Terrence! Got that one! Thank you.

Jake Lamotta - Raging Bull (1980) was the film Deniro "porked up" for.

Your thread

Thanks, Kid.  This future TV star of Westerns was a trapeze artist and a model for the John Roberts Powers Agency before turning to acting.  Name him.

Thanks, Kid.  This future TV star of Westerns was a trapeze artist and a model for the John Roberts Powers Agency before turning to acting.  Name him.

Clayton Moore?

A later '30s screwball comedy and a later '40s drama with a sports theme had the same title. What was it?

Easy Living