Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

Trivia for the other 98% of us

735 posts in this topic

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?

They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Spencer Tracy for "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" (1967)

Peter Finch for "Network" (1976)

Correct. The others were James Dean for East of Eden and Giant, Jeanne Eagels for The Letter, Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight, Ralph Richardson for Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes and Massimo Troisi for The Postman.

Your thread.

• Like 1

Not what I was looking for, T-Newton, but it's your thread now.

Not my thread but I would guess Godfather II for the bonus?

Not my thread but I would guess Godfather II for the bonus?

Yes, you are correct. According to my source, Quatermass 2 aka Enemy From Space was the first film to use a "2", while The Godfather Part II was the first to use the Roman numeral.

But T-Newton found another, older film, so I'll give it to him/her.

Invoking the one week rule, and moving on with a new question:

​This true-life person was portrayed in a musical that earned a Best Actress Oscar nomination, and the same role was later played in a non-musical, where it was played by a previous Best Actress winner.

Name the role, the two films, and the actresses.

Thanks, Lawrence.  I rarely get into this thread, but I knew the answer and I wanted to say I don't think that this thread was started for people like you and me,   I believe that it was intended for folks who are maybe not as heavily into researching movie trivia as we are.  So, keeping that in mind, here is the next question.

What is the name of the Vermont ski lodge in "White Christmas"?  What town is it in? 

It was the "COLUMBIA INN" in PINETREE, VERMONT where Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby) and Phil Davis (Danny Kaye) followed The Haynes Sisters Rosemary Clooney ("Betty Haynes") and Vera-Ellen ("Judy Haynes").

Next: What film Ronald Reagan and Nancy Davis star in, year and studio which released it ?

Thanks, Lawrence.  I rarely get into this thread, but I knew the answer and I wanted to say I don't think that this thread was started for people like you and me,   I believe that it was intended for folks who are maybe not as heavily into researching movie trivia as we are.  So, keeping that in mind, here is the next question

Okay, Miles, that's two threads that you've "corrected" me on today. Anymore to come?

Again, if I've offended anyone by posting a question about Molly Brown, I apologize, and I should probably just refrain from participating in the trivia threads in the future.

Hellcats of the Navy?

Yes, "Hellcats of the Navy" released in 1957 by Columbia Pictures. They had been married five years when the film was released.

:)

Lawrence, I, for one, have always enjoyed your postings.  Please don't stop.  Just remember--it's impossible to please everyone.

Terrence.

• Like 1