Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

Trivia for the other 98% of us

735 posts in this topic

Thank you, lavender.

These two actors played father and son in two movies.  In the first film, the older actor was the star while the younger one had a very minor role as his son.  In the second film, the younger actor was now the star with the older actor in support. 

Name the 2 actors and the 2 films.

Thank you, lavender.

These two actors played father and son in two movies.  In the first film, the older actor was the star while the younger one had a very minor role as his son.  In the second film, the younger actor was now the star with the older actor in support. 

Name the 2 actors and the 2 films.

any hints?

The first film was in the early 30's and was a crime drama.  The second film was in the late 40's and was a musical.

Is it Mickey Rooney and Frank Morgan? Was the later film SUMMER HOLIDAY?

You got part of it.  The younger actor is Mickey Rooney and the later film is Summer Holiday.  However, Frank Morgan played his uncle in that, not his father.

You got part of it.  The younger actor is Mickey Rooney and the later film is Summer Holiday.  However, Frank Morgan played his uncle in that, not his father.

Walter Huston

Walter Huston is correct.  Now can you name the first picture in which he played Mickey Rooney's father?

THE BEAST OF THE CITY?

You got it, finance.  Your thread.

In this film , portions of a song's lyrics are successively sung by many different people, individually. Song? Film?

That was not the answer I was going for, but I think we may have a tie here and I'll give it to you, laffite.  Jackie Cooper was nominated as Best Actor at the age of 9 for his role in Skippy, and I see that Quvenzhane Wallis was also nominated at the age of 9 for Best Actress.  He was actually 8 at the time that he filmed it, so I don't know if that gives him an advantage or not.  At any rate, until Quvenzhane Wallis came along, Jackie Cooper held the record for the youngest person nominated in a leading role for over 80 years.

Good work, and thanks for teaching me something.  Your thread.

thread's open.....

This actor had arguably his best film role around the same period in which his landmark TV show was beginning. Actor? Film?