Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

General Trivia

879 posts in this topic

too clever. dumb it down. this is for people with no time and even less attention.

• Like 1

this silent film comic had a great gift for sight gags. he told the mgm bosses "you guys warped my character!"

he worked behind the scenes on a few marx brothers movies and last appeared decades later in a comedy set in ancient rome.

ps. forgot to add he was portrayed by donald o'connor in a bio pic that over-emphasized his drinking.

Oh, oh! Can I still answer this? Buster Keaton!! I knew that and I don't know anything, hoo-ray!

Oh, oh! Can I still answer this? Buster Keaton!! I knew that and I don't know anything, hoo-ray!

the great keaton is correct. easy peasy right?

i'll answer the last one then you leave a puzzle.

"a star is born" the garland/mason version

What's that movie where the leading lady (who isn't Bette Davis) walks in and says "What a dump!"

(I don't know if this is easy or not, sorry.)

What's that movie where the leading lady (who isn't Bette Davis) walks in and says "What a dump!"

it is. klinger did that impression on mash and hawkeye said "decorator's here."

im going to have a shot of burgin and go to bed.

too clever. dumb it down. this is for people with no time and even less attention.

;)

Oh come on, now ... I'm guessing that this was meant as something to have a little

fun with...

;)

;)

Oh come on, now ... I'm guessing that this was meant as something to have a little

fun with...

;)

certainment.

here is the question before us, from kay:

What's that movie where the leading lady (who

isn't Bette Davis) walks in and says "What a

dump!"

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966) ?

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? is right! The Bette Davis movie Elizabeth Taylor is asking for would probably be harder to come up with. I didn't know what it was and still don't, actually.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? is right! The Bette Davis movie Elizabeth Taylor is asking for would probably be harder to come up with. I didn't know what it was and still don't, actually.

BEYOND THE FOREST?

That's the one, finance. Beyond the Forest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next:

A convict is returned to society and takes up songwriting and singing. He scores a beautiful babe while sitting at a bar, then attacks a loud customer. He and the babe form their own music company and the rest is history. Oh yeah.. the ex-con's cellmate got out later and is now walking the musician's dogs. There's more bars at the end of the film while our star is ϟ  Taking Care of Business, but I don't know what they're all about - broken hearts and hotels.. I dunno.. who knows..

That's the one, finance. Beyond the Forest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next:

A convict is returned to society and takes up songwriting and singing. He scores a beautiful babe while sitting at a bar, then attacks a loud customer. He and the babe form their own music company and the rest is history. Oh yeah.. the ex-con's cellmate got out later and is now walking the musician's dogs. There's more bars at the end of the film while our star is Taking Care of Business, but I don't know what they're all about - broken hearts and hotels.. I dunno.. who knows..

JAILHOUSE ROCK?

JAILHOUSE ROCK?

That's it! That's the one! 

Your thread, finance - thank you!

That's it! That's the one! 

Your thread, finance - thank you!

A man needs help with the financing for his shipping company. A wealthy individual from the West is coming to see him.

A man needs help with the financing for his shipping company. A wealthy individual from the West is coming to see him.

Dinner at Eight (1933) ?

Next: Film title

A gunslinger (The Duke) pairs up with a drunkard sheriff, a babe in buckskins, a knife throwing revenge seeker with a sawed-off shotgun, and an old Indian fighter to deal with a bully of a rancher. Light comedy ensues as do gunshot injuries to our heroes. A funny hat and a bugle do their parts, also. Lots of time spent inside the sheriff's office.

Edited by Kid_Dabb, Today, 05:44 AM - to add (The Duke)

• Like 1

I can see this one is unsolvable. Here..

Film title

A gunslinger (John Wayne) pairs up with a drunkard sheriff (Robert Mitchum), a babe in buckskins (Michele Carey), a knife throwing revenge seeker with a sawed-off shotgun (James Caan), and an old Indian fighter (Arthur Hunnicutt) to deal with a bully of a rancher (Edward Asner). Light comedy ensues as do gunshot injuries to our heroes. A funny hat and a bugle do their parts, also. Lots of time spent inside the sheriff's office.

Who can name the title of this noir, a search for a friend.

He eventually turns up but ultimately finds things rather

grating, I do believe. The other guy has a moment where

he stands and waits while the girl who just walks on by. There

is a third man in the cast who plays an inspector and is

quite good. A very, famous film.

Name it!!!!

:D

The Third Man? I see you hid the title in your question so I could get it subconsciously, nice.

The Third Man? I see you hid the title in your question so I could get it subconsciously, nice.

Yes'm, correct answer..

"Sneaking" the title in the question has been done, so nothing new---but great fun when possible. In the event that no one answered this right away, my first clue was to be that the music soundtrack is ex-zitherating. :-D Yeah, I know...ouch! Still, there is something especially fun about this thread, and it's fun to be silly once in awhile..

So, Kay...you're up... (...and welcome to the forum)

:)

Thanks for the welcome. :) And sorry for the delay.

Ok, how about this. Maurice Chevalier (who Jeanette MacDonald called "the biggest bottom-pincher I ever met.") turned down the supporting role of the older man in this 50's musical because he didn't get the girl in the end (Chevalier was about 63 at the time.) The man who replaced him was actually younger than the star (and a capable singer, unlike Chevalier OR the star.)