Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

General Trivia

879 posts in this topic

mmmmmmmmm let me think.....

I'd say..."GIGI" (1959) with Leslie Caron

Close guess, especially saying Leslie Caron, but Maurice didn't show up in this one at all.

Close guess, especially saying Leslie Caron, but Maurice didn't show up in this one at all.

thank heaven. dude was a smarmy bore.

an american in paris?

thank heaven. dude was a smarmy bore.

an american in paris?

That's right!... And that's the correct film, too. (tee-hee.) George Guétary was 2 and a half years younger than Gene Kelly when he was cast in this film. Very daring, considering he was also taller, better looking, and a far better singer, naturally.

• Like 1

my first guess was this film which also features caron, this time as a college girl who falls in love with her anonymous benfactor, a handsome and charming young man of 54. ish.

the title is also the name she addresses him by in their correspondence before she learns his true identity and refers to the long leggedy spider commonly called the same name.

A terminally ill bookkeeper who has lived a humdrum life checks into a fancy hotel determined to live life to the fullest before he exits this world.  Can you name the movie and the actor?

This is a story about a strange place,

so strange that it doesn't even exist.

There is mention of another place

that does exist, a pretty famous line,

actually. There is a dog in the story.

There is some arm-in-arm skippy-loos

as well. Pretty sketchy, I know, but

I'll hold off for now, just to say that

you don't have to be a genius to get

this, nor a rocket scientist...not even

a wizard to arrive at the answer. Just

a little awareness will probably do it.

Name this film!!

;)

Not only remotely possible, but positively

possible. Classy, pizzazi answer by way of

an image brightly. Yours, 6666s... 

:)

thanks laffite

-an ex-gunfighter takes sides with homesteader family in dispute with vicious cattleman and his gunmen

Not only remotely possible, but positively

possible. Classy, pizzazi answer by way of

an image brightly. Yours, 6666s... 

I dig your syntax. Crazy, man.

thanks laffite

-an ex-gunfighter takes sides with homesteader family in dispute with vicious cattleman and his gunmen

ive heard about this film

ive heard about this film

Well, it would be an absolute SHANE if you haven't ...

:D

Well, it would be an absolute SHANE if you haven't ...

:D

i was hoping someone would ask, "what have you heard, dan?" so i could reply "i heard it features a low down yankee liar."

but you got. take a turn, wilson. i mean laffite.

i was hoping someone would ask, "what have you heard, dan?" so i could reply "i heard it features a low down yankee liar."

but you got. take a turn, wilson. i mean laffite.

Dan, I defer to you...you were here first,

you didn't name it but you're answer

is virtually correct, you knew it...I just

finished the thought.

Yours...

very sporting of you, buddy boy!

this romantic comedy (with dramtic overtones) concerns a young bachelor who works at an insurance company, where he is very smitten with the elevator girl. he is eager to promote and quickly finds that his superiors are willing to give him positive performance reviews provided that he lends them the key to his dwelling for their adulterous trysts.

well. one night he comes home to find in his bed, passed out after a sleeping pill overdose, his elevator girl.

there's more of course but that's the premise, plotwise.

very sporting of you, buddy boy!

this romantic comedy (with dramtic overtones) concerns a young bachelor who works at an insurance company, where he is very smitten with the elevator girl. he is eager to promote and quickly finds that his superiors are willing to give him positive performance reviews provided that he lends them the key to his dwelling for their adulterous trysts.

well. one night he comes home to find in his bed, passed out after a sleeping pill overdose, his elevator girl.

there's more of course but that's the premise, plotwise.

Would the elevator girl be the charming Miss Kubelik with those sweetly fluttering eyelashes? And would the young bachelor be C.C. Baxter, who uses a tennis racket to strain spaghetti? And would the 'superior' be the slimey Mr Sheldrake, a dubious character but played wonderfully by Fred MacMurray?  The Apartment, love it.

Edited by laffite

Would the elevator girl be the charming Miss Kubelik with those sweetly fluttering eyelashes? And would the young bachelor be C.C. Baxter, who uses a tennis racket to strain spaghetti? And would the 'superior' be the slimey Mr Sheldrake, a dubious character but played wonderfully by Fred MacMurray?  The Apartment, love it.

Edited by laffite

why, yes. yes they would.

i yield the floor.

Movie title

A buddy-buddy movie with the inevitable femme fatale type getting in the way. Love the girl or retain friendship with buddy? Woman is played by an iconic, mega star of the most exalted variety (with an alliterative name) who finds herself at one point on thin ice (walking, not skating). There are no words spoken in this movie (so to, uh, speak). She breaks the ice but not in the usual, innocuous way, i.e., she finds a cold, watery bier. Famous co-star of this movie has same last name as later actor Roland’s first name and is known to have been familiar with our mega star in real life. If it were me I would probably have a devil of a time fleshing out the answer to this one, but…I sense no problem on the part of yall to nail this one.

Name this movie!